Island Peak Climbing - 3 Days from Kathmandu
- Climbing Island Peak and summit at elevation of 6189m
- Magnificent view from Island Peak Summit
- A real Mountain climbing Experience
- An adventurous camping experience in Island Peak Base Camp
- Safe and hygiene meals prepared in private kitchen
- Join only for climbing part and trek by your own
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This trek available from 1st March to 31st May and 15th September to 15th December
- Trip starts : Chhukung
- Trip ends : Chhukung
- Max Altitude : 6189m
- Trip Grading: Strenuous
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick Up from Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Island Peak Permit fees
- Garbage Deposit Fee
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek
- Boiled and purify drinking water during the climb
- A government licensed English speaking Guide (climbing Sherpa) during the climb
- General Climbing equipment such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc
- The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage and to assist you during the climb
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staffs
- All fee of national parks and local areas
- All our government taxes
- All official expense
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks and cold drinks
- Personal Climbing Equipment (Please contact us for detail)
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
From Kathmandu airport, you are brought to Chhukung where you will meet the climbing guide who will take you to the Island Peak Base Camp (5,087 m/16,680 ft).
It is a 4-hour walk to the camp from Chhukung which allows you to get acclimatized to the thin atmosphere.
Upon arrival at the camp, have lunch.
After lunch, you will undergo pre-climb training organized by the climbing guide. So, pay attention to every detail and piece of information conveyed to you.
Dinner and overnight stay at the camp.
If you feel you are ready, you may choose to begin climbing up to Island Peak.
Otherwise, you will spend a day for acclimatization, you will go for short trek around base camp and Imja-Tse (Island Peak Lake) to prepare you for the 6,000-meter adventure the next morning.
Overnight stay at the tented camp.
Today is your main adventure day, we start early in the morning to climb Island peak (6189m/20305ft) but it all depends on the weather. After camp 1, we go up in the gully, traverse to the right, up on a wide stone field, cross the ridge to the glacier and crevasses.
After a safe trip to the top we safely make our way down then same day back to Chhukung where you will be brought back to Kathmandu
- Do not forget to buy a travel insurance policy which covers medical and emergency evacuation for high altitude trekking and climbing above 6000 meter elevation
- You can obtain A Nepal entry visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Two passport size photos are required for your visa application
- Get a basic knowledge about symptoms, prevention and cure about high altitude sickness
- Make sure that you have proper trekking and climbing equipment, do not forget to ask us to provide you with a complete equipment list
- The climate in the Himalayan region in Nepal is unpredictable. Lukla flights need clear weather and flight delays and cancellations may occur in bad weather
- Teahouses are very basic during the trek and during peak season teahouses are generally overbooked. You may have to share a room with some other travelers
- A four seasonal sleeping bag and a descent down jacket is necessary. You may hire in Kathmandu but it is recommended that you bring your own.