Full Day Pharping Dakhsinkali and Kirtipur Tour
Dakshinkali: 23 km far from Kathmandu, is the famous shaktipeeth of Hindu people - a shaktipeeth is where worshippers sacrifice animals such as birds or goats to the Hindu goddess Kali.
Your tour will be on either a Saturday or Tuesday, the worshipping days, and you will encounter hundreds of locals gathered there for blessings and animal sacrifice. On the way up the mountain to this temple, you will pass by many colourful small outdoor shops selling trinkets and offerings like flowers and coconuts to be brought to the temple.
Pharping: A short hike away from Dakshinkali Temple, Pharping is home to many beautiful Buddhist monasteries and the cave of Guru Padmasambhava.
Legend has it that the Guru was enlightened in the cave and near the entrance, you can still see his handprint in the stone! As we guide you through the village, you can get a glimpse of the starkly different architecture of Buddhist shrines that you cant find in Kathmandu city.
Kirtipur: These historical town houses the oldest university in the nation and has a charming beauty. There is a wonderful sense of faded grandeur thanks to the impressive medieval temples along its backstreets.
The old Newari city is home to the historical Chilancho Stupa, the century-old Baghbhairab temple, and Uma Maheshwor temple.
- The famous Hindu Dakshinkali Temple
- The oldest university in Kirtipur
- Panoramic views of Pharping
- Visit the cave of Guru Padmasambhava
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Instant Confirmation
- Children over 2 pay the adult price
- Children 0-2 (Without a car seat) are free of charge
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Hotel/Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guide Facilities
- Mineral water during sightseeing
- Entrance fee
- Pick up and Drop Facilities
- Personal Expenses
- Any Food and Lunch
- Please wear casual appropriate clothing