Day Hiking in Nagarjun Hill
One of the most famous Buddhist stupas is known as Nagarjuna Hill which is about 7km from Kathmandu at the height of 2128 m. The hill is called Jamacho by local language and means the cave of residence of Nagarjuna, a famous Buddhist saint who meditated here. Once a year a festival is celebrated here and the trail is full of visitors.
A road leads through Raniban (Queen forest) to this stupa. It takes about 45 minutes to reach in a motor vehicle or jeep while hiking takes about 2 hours to do the 5 km climb.
It is quite steep and one has to climb about 754 m. Nagarjuna hill is also described in the literature as Vindhya mountain. It has a view tower which provides a magnificent panoramic view of Kathmandu valley and the mountains on the northern side. The terrace of the Buddhist gompa also provides a good view of the southern, western and eastern parts of the valley.
After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel and drive around 30 minutes to the hiking point before continuing our 3-4 hours hike to Nagarjuna Hill. From the top of Nagarjuna hill enjoy the magnificent views including Langtang, Gaurishankar, Ganesh Himal and other Himalayan ranges.
- Visit to Buddhist Gompa
- Magnificient panoramic view of the Kathmandu valley
- Spectacular views of Langtang, Gaurisankhar, Ganesh and other Himalayan ranges
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Hotel pick-up drop-off
- Privation transportation
- Excellent English speaking guide
- National Park entrance fee
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable trekking shoes