Classic Everest Base Camp Trek
- See Stunning Khuambu Glacier & Kalapattar
- Visit highland monasteries, the sacred maniwalls engraved with Buddhist prayers flags
- Capture World's highest mountain Everest & views of Nuptse, Lhotse and Ama Dablam
- See floral and faunal biodiversity of Sagarmatha National Park.
- Explore Namche Bazaar at 3440m & witness sherpa culture
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla- Interesting Himalayan Airstrip flight.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 15 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- easy cancellation
- Live Guide
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- OPTIONAL ADDONS (Available during check-out) Porter
- Certificate for Trek Completion
- Insurance for Guide (and porter if you add porters -> done during booking)
- First Aid
- Entry fee for the national parks
- Trekking Permit (TIMS)
- Domestic Flight/Transportation
- Accommodation and Meals (Meals other than those mentioned in Itinerary, Welcome and Farewell are excluded)
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- Professional trekking Guide
- Insurance coverage
- Personal expenses
- Trekking Equipment
- Additional Excursions (Applicable to those not mentioned in Itinerary)
- International Flight
Welcome to Himalayan country of Nepal. Upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, our representative welcomes you and transfers you to your hotel in Kathmandu. Later in the evening, we will take you to welcome dinner at one of the finest restaurants in Kathmandu offering typical Nepalese cuisine during which we will also brief you about the trip. Overnight at hotel.
Early morning we fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. Lukla has a tine airstrip and the scenic flight duration is just above 40 minutes. Upon landing, while the guides and porters will divide the baggage and you can have a good look around and take picture. Depending upon when we land at Lukla, we might even have our lunch there. From Lukla, we walk to Phakding village. The walk is fairly easy and we will stay overnight in Phakding. We can spend our evening stroll around the village.
Our day's hike will start after we have our breakfast. We start by walking along the banks of Dudh Koshi River; we will have to cross this river twice today. We will then arrive at a small village called Monjo. Monjo is the gateway to Sagarmatha National Park. After entering the National Park, we descend down to Bhote Koshi River upon which we arrive at Jorsalle village. We walk further from there heading off to Namche Bazaar, a prosperous trade hub in the lap of the Himalayas which is also the capital of Khumbu region. We will stay overnight at a hotel in Namche Bazaar.
after already having ascended an altitude of 3,440 m (11,253ft), we will use today for acclimatization. It is very important that our body is prepared for further ascending. You have the day at your disposal and can choose to do what you wish with it. You can walk up to the Everest View Point Hotel and enjoy the view it offers. You can also choose to just walk around Namche Bazaar and observe the local proceedings and lifestyle. If it is Saturday today, there will be local traditional Saturday Market and it will be a wonderful experience visiting the marketplace. There is a Sherpa Museum in Namche which would be the place to visit if you are into Sherpa culture and history of mountaineering.
Today after breakfast we start our trek with pleasant walk through the forest with magnificent view of mountains. The great view of the mighty peaks like Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kwangde peak is a constant throughout the day. Today's trail ascends through the forested on its way to Tyangboche. The first thing that could draw your attention after reaching Tyangboche could be its big monastery. Tyangboche has large campsite, tea houses and lodges overseeing Mt. Ama Dablam. We will spend the night at a hotel in Tyangboche.
The day consists of a lot of descending until we arrive at Deboche. The trails ascend from there through rhododendron forest. We then cross a valley and through the plains to reach Dingboche. It is a relatively easy day in terms of walking.
It is acclimatization day again. We require acclimatizing to ascend further altitude. You can take complete rest all day. If you so wish and are physically in excellent condition, you can also take some couple of hours time to hike up to Chhukung (4,730m). Chhukung is a small hill station overlooking many mountains and glaciers. The main target of the day would be to prepare you physically for the rest of the trek.
There is a lot of vertical gains today even though the trail length does not clock more than 4.5 miles in itself. We walk through the alpine meadows and yak pastures to cross the Khumbu Glacier. The end of the moraine of the glacier has a specifically steep and presents a challenge. We then continue along the rugged route to reach Lobuche where we will stay for the night. Lobuche is situated beneath the Lhotse Ridge.
For those of you who are doing the Everest Base Camp Trek for the first time, the day starts with a mixture and anxiety. Today you will be hiking up to the Everest Base Camp. The day will be the most challenging day of the trek and at the same time the most fulfilling as well. The base camp is situated at an altitude of above 5,000m (16,000ft). We start off by hiking to Gorak Shep first. It is a small village sitting atop a small frozen lake buried under sand. We will have our lunch there and hike further following the trails of the Khumbu Glacier. On the way, you will catch the glimpse of an intimidating black rock the world knows by the name of Mt. Everest. The way will lead us to the Everest Base Camp. Have you ever heard or read that Mt. Everest cannot be seen from the Everest Base Camp? You will find the answer yourself. We will spend quality time exploring the base camp and surrounding areas and return to Gorak Shep to spend the night.
Our first destination for the day will be Kala Patthar. We will start especially early and your guide will arrange everything for the early departure. The reason behind leaving early is to reach Kala Patthar before sunrise. Kala Patthar provides the most wonderful sight of sunrise over Mt. Everest and other Himalayan peaks such as Nuptse, Ama Dablam, and Pumori. You would not want to miss that. It will take a couple of hours to reach Kala Patthar from Gorak Shep. We will take our time enjoying what Kala Patthar has to offer before heading down to Gorak Shep and then to Pheriche to stay overnight there.
From now onwards, it's all about descending. So our pace will be faster than earlier and the walks will be easier. Heading down now, the going is easier and the pace much faster than so far has been. The beauty of the Himalayan terrain will never leave us along the way. We will spend the night in Kyanjuma.
The highlight of the day would be our visit to the Hillary School, established by Sir Edmund Hillary. We will also visit a hospital run by charity. We will walk the downhill trails to reach Monju and stay overnight there.
You can walk at your own pace today as we head back to Lukla from where we started our adventure. There will be mixed feeling today. You will feel delighted that you have successfully completed the trek and experience the thrills and beauty of it. At the same time, you will also be disappointed that you have to leave the beauty and the adventure behind. But, there is always next time and there is always next adventure waiting for you. The evening and the night will be marked with celebrations that will include a lot of singing and dancing. We will spend the night at a hotel in Lukla.
We take the earliest possible flight back to Kathmandu. Our guide will transfer you to your hotel where you can relax at your will. Later the evening, we will treat- exquisite Nepalese cuisine at one of the finest restaurants. It will also be a great opportunity to hear from you about your experiences and get constructive criticisms and suggestions that will help us make improve ourselves.
Some of you might also have few more days and some other activities planned in Nepal. For the rest of you who are returning today, depending on what time your return flight is, you can do some last minute shopping if you like to. We will transfer you to the airport hoping it won't be long before we see each other again! We wish you a wonderful Himalayan adventure with us!
- Because of bad weather we could face problem of domestic flights to/from Lukla delayed by few hours or canceled for a day or more. Very rarely, but it could happen even in best trekking season also as you know how climate changes effecting our world. Thus, we always recommend you to add supplement night/s in Kathmandu after your trek if possible (just for incase). If everything runs smoothly, you can enjoy other activities like sightseeing, White water rafting, wildlife activities, shopping, as you wish in those additional day. However, if you want heli rescue in the state of flight cancellation to/from Lukla-we can organize it as per your request.
- You can get money exchange at your hotel or we will recommend you the better place where you get good exchanging rates. So once you are here in Kathmandu consult with your dealing manager for money exchange.
- The teahouse accepts Nepalese currency so you must have enough Nepalese currency with you.
- You can obtain A Nepal entry visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Two passport size photos are required for your visa application make sure you come up with scan of photos
- You have to make your travel & rescue insurance by yourself before leave for travel
- You have to arrange your personal trekking equipment such as trekking poles, water bottle etc… by yourself. You can hire in Kathmandu
- See the weather and altitude
- Do your Homework before travelling