Annapurna Panorama 9 Day Trek from Kathmandu Airport
Annapurna Panorama Trek is one of the most famous short and easy treks in Annapurna region also known as Ghorepani Poonhill Trek.
Poon Hill (3210M), the Himalayan paradise, is the goal of this trekking. The name Poon Hill came from the only ethnic group who mostly inhabit in this area, Poon Magar.
Poon hill, an hour climb from Ghorepani, is one of the best viewpoints in Nepal which offers you the magnificent views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan range, Kaligandaki Gorge, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu.
Walking through the dense rhododendron forest and varieties of flora and fauna are also remarkable in this trekking.
- Scenic drive to and Pokhara
- Impressive Sunrise and mountain views from Poon Hill
- Walking through colorful Rhododendron forests
- Typical Gurung village along the trekking route
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Trek ends at : Nayapul
- Trek starts at : Nayapul
- Trek Grading: Easy
- Maximum altitude: 3210M.
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Pickup and drop from and to airport by private vehicle
- Hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara on BB plan
- All standard meal during the trek (B/L/D)
- All twin sharing accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Government license holder English speaking local guide
- The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage and to assist you during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine for all trekking staffs
- All fee of ACAP permit and TIMS permit for trekking
- Duffle kit bag and trekking map
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- Farewell Dinner
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other places travel by tourist bus
- Travel Insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks
- Personal trekking Equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
The airport representative will be waiting for your arrival with a name card on their hand containing your name and you will be transferred to your Hotel by private car/van/bus which takes about 20 minutes from Airport to your Hotel.
He/she will inform you about the trip and fix the appointment with your Trekking leader for next afternoon.
You depart early morning at 7 O'clock for the six hours drive by tourist deluxe bus to Pokhara (827m), 200 kilometres west of Kathmandu.
Pokhara is a beautiful valley, with panoramic views of Annapurna, Machapuchare (shape of fish tail) in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east.
The town of Pokhara is set on the banks of the Phewa Lake. It is smaller and less confused than Kathmandu providing the perfect starting point for our trek.
Rest about an hour after your arrival in Pokhara and explore around lake side in the evening.
Overnight at hotel.
First day of your trekking starts at Nayapul (990m), after completing an hour and half drive by Private vehicle from Pokhara, walking along the bank of Modi Khola to arrive at Berithanti and continue to your destination for today to Tikhedhunga (1570m), following the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola, passing through many small villages and tea houses.
The day is relatively easy and short.
Overnight at lodge.
Leaving Tikhedunga, we begin our journey with a steep climb to Ulleri.
Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2070meters. The trail then continues to ascend more gently, through fine forests of oak and rhododendrons towards Banthanti at 2250meters. T
hen we trek towards Nangethanti at 2460m.
After an hour walk, we arrive at Ghorepani at 2840meters.
Overnight at lodge.
One of the most awaited moments of your trip, sunrise view from Poon Hill is for today.
Today, very early in the morning, we start an hour hiking to Poon Hill at elevation of 3210meters, a brilliant sight; this vantage point provides perfect views of the early morning sunrise over the high Himalayas. There we spend about 1 hour, then return to Ghorepani where we take a hot breakfast at the hotel then continue our trip to Tadapani (2680m).
On the way to Tadapani we climb up along the ridges and through rhododendron and pine forests to achieve 300m elevation with another stunning view of Himalaya.
Now time to descend towards Tadapani, stopping at Banthanti for lunch, the beautiful small village offering the closest view of Annapurna south and Machhapuchhre.
Overnight at lodge.
It is very nice and easy gentle down to Ghandruk village, passing through rhododendron, oak and other kinds of dense forests. You could hear different kinds of birds chirping on the way.
This is one of the popular destinations for the birds' lovers. Ghandruk (1940m) is the habitat of Gurungs, the ethnic group specially living around this region village, offers the views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna (7455m.), Annapurna III (7755m.) and Fishtail.
You will also explore typical Gurung village, their culture and Gurung museum at Ghandruk.
After breakfast, your day starts with steeply descend to Syauli Bazaar and continue to walk gentle flat to approach Nayapul passing typical villages and terrace fields.
Drive an hour and half by private car to Pokhara, explore the city and Phewa lake by your own or ask your guide to join you.
7 hrs scenic drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu, you will enjoy the view of river along the way.
Today is free or last minute shopping for souvenirs or gift to your family, friends or relatives for you until your departure flight/drive or to commence any extra trips or activities you may have booked with us. If departing, you'll be transferred to the International Airport for your departure flight to your onwards destination.
- Make sure that you have proper trekking equipment, do not forget to ask us to provide a complete equipment list
- You can obtain A Nepal entry visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Two passport size photos are required for visa application
- Get basic knowledge about symptoms, prevention and cure for high altitude sickness
- Do not forget to buy a travel insurance policy which covers medical and emergency evacuation for high altitude trekking
- Teahouses are very basic during the trek and during peak season they are generally overbooked and you may need to share a room with some other travelers
- A four seasonal sleeping bag and descent quality down jacket is necessary. Your own is recommended if you have, otherwise you can rent in Kathmandu