8 Day Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Poon Hill trek is a fantastic walk through a diverse landscape and culture complete with mountain vistas, terraced fields, quaint Gurung villages and a variety of rich flora and fauna. This is a short and sweet trek that is perfect for just about for anyone.
Mt. Annapurna is the 10th highest mountain in the world, and at 3200m height, has one of the most popular walks on the planet! If you dream of conquering Mt. Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu, but you don't have sufficient time or experience - then choose this trek for a feeling of accomplishment and great views of mountains within a week.!
This area preserves four Annapurna massifs, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri. Just behind the mountains is a living Tibetan civilisation in the field of Mustang. The region is also famous for its Hindu religious shrine Muktinath temple. During the trekking season, the trail is guided by the lush green forest of rhododendron, birds chirping and of butterflies.
- See numerous streams and waterfalls as you pass by Marsyangdi River
- Walk through rhododendron, pine and bamboo forests
- Cross the Marshyangdi via a suspension bridge
- Explore the village or hike up to Gangapurna Lake
- Reach Thorong Phedi - a meadow surrounded by vertical cliffs
- Visit the hot springs in Tatopani
- Witness the stunning sunrise at Poonhill
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 15 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 15 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Trekking map
- First aid kit
- An adventure certificate after the trek is over
- All necessary trekking permits as well as government taxes and official expenses
- Bus to and from Kathmandu. Shared jeep or bus from Jomsom to Tatopani
- Three meals a day during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as well as fresh fruits in the evening
- A highly experienced, English-speaking trekking guide as well as an assistant guide if the group size exceeds 6 people
- Tips for the guide, and porter (if you have added a porter to help you carry your backpack)
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks
- All personal expenses
- International tickets to and from Nepal
- Travel insurance
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fees (USD40 for 30 days)
Guest house Drive to Besisahar from Kathmandu in the morning. Hike for 2 hour from Besisahar to reach Bulbule, where you will spend your night. MEALS Lunch & Dinner
7 hours Guest house Trek past paddy fields and forests. See numerous streams and waterfalls. Enjoy great views of the Marsyangdi River once you reach Jagat, known for its massive cliffs that are home to wild bees. Reach Chamje and spend your night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
6 hours Tea House . Walk through rhododendron, pine and bamboo forests. Reach the village of Tal and navigate your way through fields of barley, wheat and potatoes to reach Dharapani. Turn west and take the route that goes through fir and pine forests to reach Bagarchhap. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
6 hours Tea house The trail from Bagarchhap to Chame is steep at places. Enjoy exquisite views of Manaslu, Lamjung and Annapurna mountains along the way. Trek past a Tibetan village that acts as a transition between lowland villages and highland settlements. From there the trail to Chame is mostly flat. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
5 hours Tea house Climb up to Telekhu and continue on a long, mostly flat path through a forest to Bhrathang. Cross the Marshyangdi via a suspension bridge. Reach Pisang and spend your night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
5 hours Tea house The village of Pisang divides lowland settlements from those in the mountains. Visit the Tibetan-style village of Braga, where houses are stacked upon each other with the roof of one house acting as a veranda of the one above it. The main attraction of this village is its monastery, the largest in the district. With an array of statues on display, this monastery is perched atop a high crag and provides wonderful views of the surrounding areas. Reach Manang and spend your night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
3 hours Tea house You need to acclimatize to avoid the risk of altitude sickness as you move higher. Spend a day in Manang. Explore the village or hike up to Gangapurna Lake in the afternoon. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
4 hours Tea house Continue with your trek. As you move up, tall trees give way to alpine vegetation and highland meadows with horses and yaks grazing. Yak Kharka, with its rolling pastures and steep cliffs, is the perfect place to spend the night in. However, you can also choose to walk an hour more to Letdar and spend the night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
5 hours Tea house Follow the Jarang River. Reach Thorong Phedi, a meadow surrounded by vertical cliffs. Spend your night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
8 hours Tea house Time to cross the highest navigable mountain pass in the world. Be careful about the altitude and strong winds. The trail you follow today has been used for hundreds of years by traders. Trek for about 6 hours to reach Thorung La. Cross the pass while enjoying beautiful views of Annapurna, Gangapurna and other mountains. See Mt Dhaulagiri up close while descending. The trail becomes less steep as it enters grassy fields and meadows to finally reach Muktinath, one of the holiest shrines of the Hindus that is also known for its hot water spouts. MEALS
6 hours Tea house Follow the trail to Jomsom from Muktinath. Trek past meadows, streams and apple orchards to reach Kagbeni. Reach Jomson, located in the Kali Gandaki Valley, and spend your night there. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
5 hours Tea house Drive for 5 hours (shared service) from Jomsom to reach Tatopani. The main attraction of Tatopani is its hot springs. Take a dip in one of them and call it a day. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
8 hours Tea house Walk past villages and farmlands to reach Ghorepani. Stay there for the night to make an early start to Poon Hill the next morning. MEALS Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
8 hours Hotel An early morning climb to the top of Poon Hill offers one of the best sunrise views that one can imagine. See mountains glistening in the first rays of the morning sun. A photographer’s paradise, Poon Hill offers a chance to take breathtaking, memorable pictures. Stay on the top of the hill for a while before descending to Ghorepani for breakfast. Trek for 5 hours to reach Nayapul. A short drive from Nayapul will take you to Pokhara. MEALS Breakfast & Lunch
7 hours Time to travel back to Kathmandu. Reach the capital city after a 6 to 7 hour long drive. MEALS Breakfast
- The length of this tour is optional from 6 to 15 days Ideally have hiking boots for treks and sneakers for camps Pack the appropriate clothing for the different treks Please keep your travel company email, contact number and Company name Single supplementary (per-person for accommodation USD 80) Per night During the trekking single suplimentary is USD 250