17 Day Everest Base Camp Trek with Gokyo Ri,Cho La Pass & Kalapatthar
Gokyo Ri Gokyo Lake Cho La Pass & Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most attractive and thrill trekking trails in the Khumbu region including many magnificent views of Everest region.
This Trek follows the Gokyo Lake, Gokyo Ri, Chola Pass before descending to Dzonghla. From Dzonghla, the trail leads to Lobuche. The most challenging part in this trek is to across Cho La Pass which is most adventure and heart touching part of trekking there we pursue to Kalapatthar and Everest base camp.
This Pass provides various panoramic views along with the breath-stopping scenes of the snow-covered mountains and glaciers. Gokyo Lake Cho La Pass Everest Base Camp Trek gives an ample opportunity to explore the Everest region thoroughly. The trekking trail provides one of the most memorable observations of the landscapes through Khumbu region, Gokyo valley and the Cho-La Pass following Dudh Koshi River.
The climb of Gokyo Peak (5480m.) is another experience along the trail. After fixing the trek in Gokyo, you can enjoy the magnificent scenery of Gokyo valley. A short climb to Gokyo Ri provides the beautiful panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse (7879m.), Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cholaste, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Gyachung Kang and so on.
As the trail crosses Chyugima- La Pass, the trekkers round through Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar and trek back to Lukla via Namche.
- High mountains and splendid views
- Reach Top of the world
- Best place to experience the sherpa lifestyle
- Namche is the Business hub of the sherpa market
- Scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- See the beautiful Gokyo lake
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 17 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All the travellers pay the adult price
- Children under 8 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel by private car.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 5 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Last Night farewell dinner at authentic Nepalese restaurant with cultural performance.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porter (1 porter for 2 clients).
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses on twin sharing basis during the treks.
- Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car
- All necessary paper works.
- National park permit,Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Lunch Dinner and breakfast during trekking.
- Two Night’s 3* Hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel by private car.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, hot shower etc).
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- All expenses in mountain over than Scheduled because sometime can be stuck in mountain due to bad weather delay flight or any reason.
- All meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee you may obtain easily in Kathmandu airport.
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest!
As you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check-in and manage for your accommodation.
On this day, you will be transferred to the airport for a scenic flight to Lukla. It is less than 40 minutes flight with astonishing views of mountains, forests and river valley.
After landing in Lukla, we begin our trekking to Phakding. The trail leads to Phakding enjoying the natural scenario along the way. It is about 4 hours trekking from Lukla.
On this day, we trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding Village through Dudh Koshi riverside. The trail is pleasant with the views of forests of pine, Oaks and Rhododendron trees.
We reach Monjo which is the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park. The views of giant mountains are impressive while walking through the trail.
Today is acclimatization day in Namche so that your body can acclimatize according to high elevation. It is also the preparation day before purse to further high altitude.
We will go for a hike to Everest view hotel where you can view the panoramic scenes of the Khumbu region. On the way to the Everest view hotel, you can explore the local's community and their lifestyle.
After breakfast in Namche, we begin trekking following the trail to Dhole. These giant mountains seem to be so near from there. The trekking is stopped after we reach Dhole.
You can explore the surrounding of Dhole and develop knowledge about the area.
This day trek continues to Machherma from Dole. The trail is ascending up to the elevation of 4470m.
Trekking continues with the superb scenarios of mountains and glaciated area. We reach Machherma and stay overnight there. You have free time to walk around the village and explore its culture and lifestyle.
On this day we trek to Gokyo Lake. The trail is through rocky ascend to reach the Lake. As we enter the lake, the views of crystal clear lakes are beautiful.
The mirror images of mountains in the lake water are so impressive that makes you stop breathing for a while.
This day is climbing the Gokyo Ri. You have a fantastic opportunity to explore the area around Gokyo Valley. The trek then heads to Gokyo Ri to have beautiful views of mountains and peaks.
The views of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyo and many other peaks are astonishing from the top of Gokyo Ri.
We have Full day excursion of Gokyo surrounding an overnight stay in Gokyo lakeside.
On this day, we trek to Thagnag from Gokyo Valley. The trek continues through snow fields with superb views of mountains and peaks. You can have an unforgettable life trek throughout the day with some challenges too.
We stay overnight in Thagnag after exploring the surrounding area in the evening.
Trekking of this day climbs up to Chola Pass and descends to Dzongla. The ascending trail leads to Chola Pass (5368m.) from where the views of Lofty mountains including Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse (7879m.), Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cholaste, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Gyachung Kang and many others are awe-inspiring.
You can explore the surrounding area of Dzongla in the evening where we stay overnight
On this day, we begin climbing from Dzonghla and continue to Khumbu Glacier.
The astonishing views of Tawache and Cholaste are eyes stacking. You can feel the high altitude because of the extreme cold in Lobuche Village.
On this day, we trek to Everest Base Camp from Lobuche to Gorakshep with the astonishing views of mountains and peaks. After reaching Gorakshep, we will visit Everest Base Camp.
It is the point for the Mountaineers to summit the peak. The experience of being at the foothill of world’s highest mountain cannot be expressed in words.
We trek descend to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
On this day, we trek to Kalapatthar, Gigantic views of mountains and glaciers around you give a sense of heaven including a close-up view of Mt. Everest, Amadablam and Pumori.
We continue trekking to a small settlement of Panboche. You can explore the village of Pangboche.
On this day, we trek to Namche, you can enjoy the glimpse of Everest region and its surrounding. you can also get chance to explore the Sherpa culture through out the trail.
This day trekking trail follows a sandy path with a strenuous walk. The trail is full of picturesque view of the landscape and some mountain scenarios. You can explore Lukla Bazaar and shop local items there.
You can celebrate your successful trekking there in Lukla with drinks. Evening time offers you to visit surrounding area before we stay overnight in Lukla.
On this day, you fly to Kathmandu in the morning. This short and scenic flight possibly makes you feel nostalgic because of the glimpses of snowy mountains through the window of the plane.
You will be transferred to hotel where you either have leisure time, or you may catch the last moments exploring the sights of Kathmandu. Shopping in the market is another best option.
In the evening, we have a celebration dinner together.
As it is the last day, we have to bid goodbye to the guest as the visit to Nepal comes to an end for this time. If you have time enough, you can have sightseeing and purchase the token of love from Nepal.
Before 3 hours of scheduled flight, our representatives will take you to the TIA. We hope you will be planning for another adventure-trip while you are on returning to your homeland.
You can extend your Nepal stay if you have time and desire too.
- It is safer to trek in a group and with an experienced guide and reputable agency.
- Please bring 2 Passport size photos, copy of passport and travel insurance at Orientation Meeting. Since the trip is based on twin-sharing basis, USD 250 will be applicable as a Single Supplementary Charge for the private accommodation.
- To avoid the risk of missing international flights, it is always recommended to have 2 or 3 days extra at the end of the trip to fly international, because Lukla airport is sensitive to fly and the chance of delay or cancel of the flight is always there.
- Also be prepared to pay some extra money for Helicopter charter flights (approx. USD300-400) if the regular flights are cancelled or delayed for few days. Make sure that you have full-fledged Insurance at home to cover it.
- If in case flight is cancelled or delayed more than 2 days, we will divert your trek to Annapurna Base Camp alternatively. In this case, we would give the complementary of Everest scenic flight for the betterment of your trip without any additional charge