Complete Mdina Group Tour
Mdina, once the capital city of Malta, has had many names throughout its history, but its medieval name describes it best - ‘Città Notabile': the noble city. Built on a plateau in the centre of the island, its Baroque cathedral and magnificent bastions dominate the skyline. A stroll through its narrow streets, which have changed little in the last 1,000 years, is a must for any visitor to Malta.
The area occupied by Mdina has been inhabited since at least the Bronze Age. The Phoenicians and Romans established their own settlements here, but the modern name and layout of the city reflect Arab rule before the Normans firmly established it as the country's capital. Although the construction of Valletta lessened its importance, a strong earthquake in 1693 led to reconstruction and a revival of the city. Since that time, Mdina has changed very little.
Take a journey back in time with our guides on the Mdina Tour, admiring the magnificent palazzos and churches in the city’s unique mix of medieval and baroque styles, as well as the spectacular panoramas from the high bastion walls. You will learn about the colourful history of Mdina and the many sieges it endured, offering shelter and protection to the Maltese population against the frequent pirate attacks; and hear the story of how the Maltese uprising against the French in 1798 started.
- Vilhena Palace
- St. Agatha’s Chapel
- The Banca Giuratale
- The Mdina Cathedral
- Palazzo Falzon
- The Carmelite Church and Priory
- Palazzo Santa Sofia
- Greeks Gate
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available on Mondays and Thursdays
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional guide
- Entrance to Museums and Churches
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Food and drink
- Please make sure to wear comfortable footwear and warm clothing. Its also recommended you bring an umbrella with you.