Palermo Old Town Bike Tour in Sicily
Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere with a choice of morning or afternoon departure. Get inside tips from a great local overview and orientation of the city. This tour is a perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
What You Can Expect:
Departing from the local office, cycle through Palermo at a relaxing, leisurely pace. Palermo is very flat, so the 3-hour tour is appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.
You will pass through the architecturally impressive Piazza Bellini and Pizza Pretoria with their examples of Arab, Norman, Byzantine, and Spanish art.
Then, ride across the “Cassaro” to see San Francesco church, Piazza Marina and the oldest giant Ficus tree in Europe.
You will also see the ancient palaces of the Spanish Inquisition and the amazing Spasimo church.
Ride along the waterfront, on the huge grass overlooking the sea and the harbour, heading to the first Arab castle on the charming port of Cala.
Afterwards, stop for a tasting of unique, regional street food, such as panelle or crocchè.
- At the end of your ride, enjoy a tasting of regional street food.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Get inside tips from a local
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Pick-up serviceRe: cruise passengers, we can organize meeting point in front of the port
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Infant seats that attach to the bicycles, if necessary
- Guide who speaks English, and Italian
- City map
- Helmet (not mandatory)
- City bicycle
- A taste of traditional street food, such as panelle, crocchè
- A great experience!
- Time to take great pictures
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Dress code is smart casual