Highlights of Baroque Rome: Squares and Fountains
Be amazed by Rome's Baroque gems, visit the world-famous Spanish Steps, Navona Square and the breathtaking Trevi Fountain.
Did you know that Rome is one of the cities with the major number of fountains and squares in the world? Wander through its ancient streets with us, we’ll let you discover the most suggestive ones!
Among the first things to do in Rome, there is undoubtedly to explore its characteristic maze of streets and its captivating puzzle of fountains and scenographic squares. If you believe that an open-air walk represents the best way to visit a new place or if you have been enchanted by the stunning Trevi Fountain in Fellini’s film Dolce Vita, this is your tour. Come with us!
We’ll start exactly from there. You will meet our guide in front of the entrance of the Accademia Nazionale di San Luca, close to the square Piazza di Trevi and to the impressive Trevi Fountain. When you get close to the fountain, don’t forget to throw a coin into it - it’s the best magic trick to come back in the Eternal City again!
Then, your next stop will be the famous Piazza di Spagna with the Barcaccia fountain, by Bernini, in the centre of the square. Since the 18th century, both Romans and foreign travellers have loved their romantic atmosphere, the classy cafès and boutiques and the nearby monumental Spanish Steps. Up the stairs, you will also able to admire the picture-perfect Church of Trinità dei Monti - another emblematic panoramic sight of Rome.
Finally, after a nice walk through the streets of the capital, you will arrive in Piazza Navona. It was built over an ancient Roman arena, but it’s still considered one of the most joyful and elegant squares in the whole city. Again, its main attractions are three monumental fountains: the breathtaking Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, representing the four big rivers Nile, Ganges, Danube and Rio de la Plata as giant human beings, and the Fontana del Nettuno at the northern end and the Fontana del Moro at the southern end.
- See the Spanish Steps and the Barcaccia Fountain
- Explore Navona Square with the amazing Fountain of Four Rivers, the Fountains of Neptune
- Witness The famous Trevi Fountain, a chance to throw a coin to make sure you come back to Rome
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Tour available in English only
- Departs daily at 11.00 AM
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Wireless headsets
- Guided walking tour
- Optional Gratuities
- No revealing clothing should be worn and shoulders should be well covered
- It is forbidden to bring strollers, have bulky bags and carry umbrellas on your person
- If you have a metal coated pacemakers, all relevant paperwork/ID cards should be carried for security checks