Gladiator Tour: the Colosseum for Kids & Families
Let's be honest: studying history at school is not often a passionate activity!
There are hundreds of dates to learn by heart, a thousand places with unpronounceable names and millions of protagonists with complicated and intense lives and it’s really difficult to remember why certain events took place and how they changed the course of things.
In addition, it often happens that children get tired of spending hours and hours on books and their attention span is lower and lower, also due to the access to digital content that is now increasingly present in their lives. The result can be hours spent on books and all these concepts too soon forgotten!
If you're wondering how to help your kids learn History while keeping them motivated and above all having fun, we definitely have the solution for you!
This will be a unique experience to let them discover the world, the history and life of the gladiators in a dynamic, interactive and educational way.
4 reasons to book our tour for children:
Our guide, who is specialised in working with children, will involve young and old alike by telling the story of the glorious deeds performed by the Gladiators in the majestic amphitheatre that is the Colosseum. He will also ensure that all hygiene and health regulations are respected by all in total safety;
The playful teaching, the transmission of historical knowledge to children in a light-hearted way, proposing quizzes that will keep them interested and proactive;
The visit is designed for children, but the whole family and/or group of friends will benefit from it;
Priority access to the Colosseum will allow you to avoid the chaos and long waiting lines.
Why is this tour unmissable for the young and the adults?
The guide will be working with all participants but, in particular, will interact with children by telling the story of our protagonist: the gladiator Flavius Attilius, whose incredible tale will take you back into the glorious past of Ancient Rome. Your children will be so fascinated that time will fly!
Through the eyes of our hero, our little time-travellers will also discover the history of the Flavian Amphitheatre, from the laying of the foundation stone, to the day of its inauguration in 80 A.D. To celebrate its inauguration, the emperor organised gladiatorial games and fights that lasted 100 days!
The kids will discover how important the games and the role of the gladiator in general were, during the Roman era. However, there was much more going on in the Colosseum than just the fights between the Gladiators: the presence of animals never seen before, for example, was one of the many attractions of this magnificent amphitheatre that spectators looked forward to seeing with their own eyes!
This tour will give your whole family the chance to experience a new way of visiting the Colosseum and will be an engaging introduction to the magical atmosphere and glorious history of ancient Rome.
Your kids will be involved right from the start and will actively participate in the storytelling. It will be an incredible learning experience for everyone!
Note to accompanying adults*
The quiz in stages that the children will have to answer must be taken using a smartphone kindly lent to them by their parents!
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Discover history in a fun way and with your children!
- Step back in time into the archaeological wonders in the heart of the Roman Empire
- Engage in a dynamic family educational tour and pass our tests!
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: Saturday and Sunday
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance tickets with no line
- Specialized Professional Guide trained to work with children
- Food and beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Please read the information below to avoid delays at the Colosseum
- Security: Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the Colosseum. Guests with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate to bypass security screening.
- Identification: Please ensure you have valid ID/passport. You might be refused entry otherwise.
- Bags: Bulky bags, trolleys or backpacks are not allowed at the Colosseum. No glass bottles allowed.
- Wear comfortable footwear and clothing – the tour will proceed regardless of the weather.
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation until 24 hours before your tour date. After that, a 100% penalty fee applies. No refunds for no-shows.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1