Bread Workshop in Matera
The city of Matera, the European Capital of Culture 2019, is known not only for its scenic and architectural beauties but mostly for the aromas and flavors of the culinary tradition of this place.
Our experiential tour includes a workshop on the production of the bread with a previous presentation and description of the bakery, it’s active in the territory for four generations. The workshop starts with an explanation of the products, such as the best local semolina and yeast base. It continues with the description of the processing techniques: mixture, leavening, the creation of the shape of the bread, and emission of the stamp type that characterizes the Bread of Matera. During the realization of the shapes of the bread, the guests will work and create their loaf of bread that at the end of cooking they can take away with them. At the end of the visit, guests can finish this experiential tour with a tasting of typical products.
- -Making bread loaves;
- -Tasting of local products: bread with oil, tarallini, pettoline, focaccia, water and a glass of wine.
- -Description and practical demonstration of the creation of the bread;
- -Entrance, presentation and tour of the bakery;
- -Walking tour from the meeting point to the bakery with our tour guide;
- Duration: around 2h
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: From Monday To Friday ( November to March )
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- It is required a minimum of 2 participants to activate the tour.
- Choose language: Italian, English, German, Spanish
- Easy Cancellation• Cancellation without penalty 3 days before the beginning of the tour. • Cancellation after 3 days, the penalty is 100% of the price of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bread Workshop
- Around 1 h 30 min tour
- Specialized tourist guide
- -Food & Beverages
- -Pick Up & Drop off from accommodation from/to meeting point
- -Gratuities (optional )