Altamura and Gravina Tour from Matera
Take the opportunity to visit the wonderful city of Altamura, the "Lioness of Puglia", famous all over the world for its bread, for its Cathedral and for the extraordinary archaeological finds! Don’t miss it!
The tour will start with the departure from Matera to Altamura; after meeting the guide you will begin the tour of Altamura, the "Lioness of Puglia", known in Italy and abroad for the production of the famous typical DOP bread, for its Cathedral and for the extraordinary archaeological finds of world interest, like the Man of Altamura and the dinosaur quarry, really interesting to see!
Walking through the ancient village, you will discover the “claustri”, unique places, symbols of social and cultural aggregation. Among the more than 80 claustri, you can admire some of them, like Claustro Giudecca, Claustro Tradimento, Claustro dei Mori, just to mention the most important ones.
Then, you will reach Piazza Duomo, the heart of the city, where you will visit the Cathedral of Frederick II of Swabia, commissioned by the Emperor in 1232, which shows a wonderfully carved portal, one of the most beautiful in Puglia, and the tower of the public clock in the Gothic style of 1858.
At the end of the tour, you will also have the pleasure to taste the PDO bread of Altamura in a typical wood-burning oven.
- -Piazza Duomo
- -Walking tour of Altamura
- -Visit of the Cathedral of Frederick II of Swabia
- -Bread tasting
- Duration: around 4h
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: Daily all year
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The tour could be cancel or postponed in heavy weather.
- Details and information regarding local operator will be provided on your confirmation Voucher.
- Choose language: Italian, English, French
- Easy CancellationCancellation without penalty 3 days before the beginning of the tour, cancellation after 3 days, the penalty is 100% of the price of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Authorized guide of the Region
- Guided walking tour of Altamura
- Bread Tasting
- Visit to the Claustri
- Visit to the Crypt of San Michele
- Visit to the Archeological Museum
- Visit to the viaduct Madonna della Stella
- Transfer with private Ncc from/to Matera
- -Gratuities ( optional )
- -Pick Up & Drop off from accommodation to the meeting point