Private Day Tour of Wicklow - Glendalough
Wicklow known as the “Garden of Ireland” for its natural scenic beauty is just a short drive south of Dublin.
Due to its scenic locations there are numerous film made here over the years such as “Brave Heart”, “P.S. I Love”, “Leap Year” and in more recent times the series “Vikings” to name but a few.
The price quoted is for a group of 1-12 people
- Pickup at your accommodation in Dublin
- Visit the Monastic site of Glendalough and its lakes
- Visit the film location of PS I Love You and BraveHeart
- Qualified and friendly Guides to assist you
- Visit the Powerscourt House and Gardens
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Available March to October
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will need to know where you are staying to pick you up,
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Qualified and informative local Guide
- Transport for your tour
- Entrance Fees
You will be are picked up at your accommodation, at 09:30am
(As this is a private tour these times can be adjusted)
You can also be picked up at the Airport or Port
From here you travel into Wicklow and visit the Powerscourt Gardens, voted the 3rd most beautiful gardens in the world by the National Geographic. near the small Victorian estate village of Enniskerry.
You have a choice to stay in Enniskerry for lunch or visit a Pub in the Hills.
(Both locations have excellent food)
Afterwards, we continue on the tour towards some of Wicklow’s most scenic locations such as Lough Tay, The Guinness Estate, Sally Gap, Wicklow Mountains National Park, Enniskerry, Powerscourt and Glendalough.
There are stops along the way for pictures and film locations.
The Wicklow Mountains and hills are a patch work of green fields and stone walls with some valleys, lakes and waterfalls.
When we arrive in Glendalough, you will also have time to explore this beautiful valley with its two lakes and the old monastic site of St Kevin.
We will leave Glendalough and start our return trip Dublin by a different route
Expected arrival in Dublin is approx 17:30
- Please bring rain gear
- Wear comfortable Walking shoes or trainers
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1