Dublin Shore Excursion - Glendalough and City Centre
After being collected from your ship's docking point, you will embark on the most majestic of adventures up into Wicklow, the Garden of Ireland. Once there, you will stop at the awe-inspiring Glendalough, also known as the "Valley of the Two Lakes" and renowned throughout the country for its awe-inspiring scenery, rich history and marvellous wildlife.
You can stroll along the lake shore, through the forest itself or even down into the remains of a monastic city originally founded in the 6th Century by St Kevin. The Monastic City boasts many ruins, of which an in-tact Round Tower still stands, as well as St Kevins Cross rumoured to grant wishes to those who can reach both arms around it. Glendalough's natural wooded landscape also boasts many animals, including stoats, otters and badgers.
The scenery itself is also sure to leave you breathless! After exploring Wicklow, you will journey back to Dublin's City Center, being regaled with history and tales along the way before being given some free time to explore the cobbled streets.
You can visit the infamous Templebar, view the bullet holes still visible at the GPO on O'Connell Street or simply stroll through the city streets with no agenda but that of your own, before being returned safely to your ship.
- Embark on the most majestic of adventure
- Visit Glendalough
- Journey back to Dublin's City Center and explore the cobbled streets
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 to 11 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available from April to October
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Local guide
- Bus transportation
- Pick-up from your docking point
- Luggage compartment
- Live commentary on board
- Dublin City center
- Glendalough lakeside
- Glendalough Monastic Site
- Meals and drinks
- Any expense of personal nature
- No alcohol is permitted to be consumed on the buses
- Not suitable for children under 12 or those with reduced mobility
- Comfortable shoes and warm rain-proof clothing are recommended
- Bringing a packed lunch is recommended, as you will not stop anywhere for lunch
- Using restrooms before joining the tour is recommended.