Full Day, Private Guided Tour Newgrange and the Boyne Valley in Ireland
The Newgrange monument is over 5000yrs old making it older than the pyramids of Egypt. It is an ancient burial tomb and is also one of the largest astrologically aligned structures in the world.
Newgrange was built to mark the event of the winter solstice on Dec 21st each year. It is believed to have been once a great place of worship and importance to the first settlers of Ireland. It is said the path of Ireland’s long history can be traced all the way through time in this area of the Boyne Valley.
On this tour, we bring you to some of Ireland’s most iconic landmarks, such as Newgrange, - Ancient burial tomb and Spiritual monument The Hill of Tara, which was the ancient seat of the Celtic high kings of Ireland.
Monasterboice – one of Ireland’s first Christian monasteries dated from 531AD Trim Castle – The largest Norman castle in Europe and also where “Brave Heart” was filmed. Your guide will give a richer understanding of Ireland’s history, its people and their connection with this area. These are just some of the many areas you can visit in this area. As this is a private tour, of course, your guide can also suggest other locations of interest or you can also choose your own.
- Newgrange monument over 5000yrs old making it older than the pyramids of Egypt
- Tour Monasterboice one of Ireland’s first Christian monasteries and dates back to 531AD
- Visit Trim Castle – The largest Norman castle in Europe and where “Brave Heart” was filmed
- Transport and Personal qualified Guide
- PIck up and drop off at your chosen location in Dublin
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Available March to October for groups of up to 12 people
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePickup at your accommodation in Dublin, Airport or Port
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Qualified Tour Guide and driver
- Transport for Full Duration of the Tour
- Private Pick up and Drop off from your Hotel/Accommodation
- Entrance Fees
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Irish weather is unpredictable, so rain gear is advised
- It is recommended to bring water with you
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1