Private Day Tour of Gardens and Old Street in Suzhou
The professional tour guide will pick you up from your Suzhou downtown hotel or Suzhou Railway Station (No.27, Suzhan Road, Pingjiang District) at 9:00 am. A private, comfortable transfer takes you to start your Suzhou sightseeing of beautiful gardens and ancient streets.
You will firstly come to the Lion Grove Garden - an ideal sightseeing site as it has richly ornamental pavilions and towers in different styles. Follow your guide to explore the pavilions and towers, and learn about its history. Later head to the Humble Administrator's Garden. Among all the elegant classical gardens in Suzhou, the Humble Administrator's Garden is the largest and most renowned. Due to its unique designs and ethereal beauty, the garden has garnered many special honors.
Walk around to discover the Ming Dynasty building style and enjoy the natural landscape of small forests, hills and rock formations. Suzhou is considered as the silk capital in China, visit Suzhou Silk Museum and learn about traditional silk spinning.
Enjoy a delicious lunch and taste local food in a well-selected restaurant. Then visit the rare cultural relics and unique architectural style in Suzhou Museum. The new exhibition building was designed by the world-famous Chinese-American architect named Leoh Ming Pei.
Suzhou Museum obeys the theme of “Design for China”, it combines modern exhibition halls, classical gardens’ and architecture together. Continue to walk around Pingjiang Old Street to have a better look of Suzhou.
See the simple and unsophisticated typical houses of ancient Suzhou with their white walls and black tiles. Walk along the stone route with a river flowing along it to experience traditional Suzhou local life.
To conclude your Suzhou sightseeing, your guide and driver will drop you off at your Suzhou downtown hotel or Suzhou Railway Station.
- Visit the Gardens and Old Street in Suzhou
- UNESCO World Heritage-listed gardens
- Enjoy Suzhou Silk Museum
- Traditional lunch at a local Suzhou restaurant
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- This private tour is operated with just your party
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up is from your Suzhou downtown hotel or Suzhou Railway Station (No.27, Suzhan Road, Pingjiang District)
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Local lunch
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Professional licensed driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Gratuities (Optional)
- All travelers’ passport information is required while booking
- Your hotel information is required while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking