Discover Bhutan in 4 Days
Perfect for discerning travellers with a limited time frame to getaway from busy materialistic city life into the pristine natural environment, stunning landscapes and get pampered with Bhutanese hospitality.
This 4 Days 3 Nights journey will take you to remote monasteries and encounter the mindful Buddhist way of life that earned the country its nickname ‘Kingdom of Happiness’. On the 2nd day of this trip, you will hike to the famous Paro Taktsang or Tiger’s Nest built on the face of the 800m rock cliff.
There’s nowhere quite like Bhutan. The tiny Buddhist Kingdom, squeezed between India and China, is cautiously embracing modern development guided by the philosophy of Gross National Happiness while still preserving its age-old tradition and ancient culture. Delve deep inside the Bhutanese way of life with an expert local guide and discover what brings smiles to the faces of people of Bhutan.
- Spend a night at a family farmhouse and get insights into the life of Bhutanese farmers.
- Hike to 8th century sacred site where Bhutan’s iconic landmark, 17th century Paro Taktsang or Tiger’s Nest is located, perched on the face of a precarious 800m rock cliff.
- Visit ancient temples and magnificent Dzongs (fortresses) and marvel at the fine wall paintings, exquisite architecture and craftsmanship that still continues to influence the Bhutanese architecture today.
- Travel to Paro and Thimphu, the two most developed towns in Bhutan and immerse yourself into the mindful Buddhist way of life, away from the materialistic world, and discover why Bhutan has earned its nickname the ‘Kingdom of Happiness’.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 days
- Price depends on the month you travel
- Jun to Aug, Dec, Jan & Feb are Low Season; Jun & Jul are summer/monsoon, Dec, Jan & Feb are winter
- Mar to May & Sep to Nov are High Season with good weather & clear skies - perfect season to visit Bhutan
- Trip begins and ends at Paro International Airport
- Visa is 100% guaranteed
- Child rate applies only when accompanied by 2 paying adults
- Accommodation will be provided at 3 star hotels periodically inspected and approved by the Tourism Council of Bhutan and those are the hotels we love to stay ourselves
- Pick-up serviceYou will be picked up from the Paro International Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 10 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Accommodation in a 3 star hotel on a twin sharing basis (double occupancy)
- Land transport with driver for the entire duration of your trip within Bhutan
- Round trip airport transfers
- Tourist SIM card so that you can stay in touch with your loved ones back at home
- English speaking Licensed tour guide
- All internal taxes
- All meals - B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner (B, L, D)
- Sustainable Development Fee to the Royal Government of Bhutan
- Visa Fee
- Airfares - We can arrange air tickets to and from Bhutan at no commission. You just have to take care of the connecting flights.
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol beverages, Laundry services, Telephone call charges
- Any other personal expenses
Paro Altitude 2,195m/7,200ft. Arrive Paro International airport by either Drukair or Bhutan Airlines. You'll be received by our guide and driver and transfer you to the hotel.
After checking in and settling yourself in the new surroundings, you'ill be taken on your first adventure into the ‘Kingdom of Thunder Dragon’. We will visit an auspicious 7th-century monastery Kichu Lhakhang which was built in a single day, the National Museum of Bhutan which used to be a watch tower 400 years ago, an impressive Paro Dzong and later in the afternoon, if time permits, visit Sangchoekhor Monastery on the hilltop overlooking Paro valley. L, D
Taktsang Altitude 3,120m/10,235ft. In the morning hike to the most famous iconic landmark in Bhutan, the Taktsang monastery which translates to 'Tiger's Nest' in local language Dzongkha. Taktsang monastery was originally built in 1692 on the face of a sheer 800-meter rock cliff .
It normally takes about 2 hours to reach monastery from the road head. It is the most popular tourist attraction in Bhutan. In the afternoon drive to the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. Road Distance 55 km, Driving Time 1.5hrs, Thimphu Altitude 2,334m/7,655ft. Upon arrival in Thimphu, check into hotel and settle down for a while.
We then go to visit one of the landmarks in Thimphu, the National Memorial Choeten. Later in the evening after 5pm, visit the majestic Tashichho Dzong and appreciate the exquisite Bhutanese architectural feat. B, L, D
Thimphu Altitude 2,334m/7,655ft. Thimphu is the capital city of Bhutan and it is home to approximately 100,000 residents. This bustling little city is the main centre of commerce, religion and government in the country.
It is the only capital city in the world without traffic lights and even commercial billboards. We begin the excursion by first visiting 169ft tall Buddha Dordenma statue built on the hilltop overlooking Thimphu valley, then visit Bhutan Postal Museum, Folk Heritage Museum to get fascinating insights into Bhutanese material culture and way of life, National Institute of Zorig Chusum where you can see youths learning 13 traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan.
Leisure time in town to explore. B, L, D OR Alternatively drive to fertile Punakha valley, visit Chimi Lhakhang popularly known as Temple of Fertility as it is believed to bless children to couples who are not able to conceive offspring, visit the historic 17th century Punakha Dzong known as 'Palace of Great Bliss' and then drive back to Thimphu for night halt.
Distance 50 km, Driving Time 1.5hrs. After breakfast, drive to Paro and transfer to Paro International Airport for your onward journey. B
- Bhutan enjoys 4 seasons - Dec, Jan & Feb are winter; Mar to Apr are Spring; Jun to Aug are Monsoon/Summer; Sept to Nov are Fall/Autumn. So bring appropriate clothings.
- Mar to May & Sep to Nov are High Season. If you plan to visit during these months, we strongly advise you to book at least 1 month in advance because there are only two airlines operating in and out of Bhutan and securing seats can be difficult. During these months the flights tend to get fully booked several months in advance.
- Day 2 includes 4-5 hrs return hike to the famous Paro Taktsang Monastery built on the 800-m rock cliff at 3,120m altitude. Ponies available on the spot but the hike is best enjoyed on foot. So basic level of fitness is desired. Those who are not interested to do the hike, can stay in town.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1