Full Day Invigorating Cradle Mountain National Park Private Tour From Launceston
Because of its natural beauty, the Cradle Mountain National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Tasmania.
Invigorating mountain air, spectacular scenery, iconic visit. Listed as a World Heritage Area by the United Nations to protect its unique pristine wilderness, its global significance is for all to see and experience. The viewing point for Cradle Mountain is from Dove Lake, and while you are there, you have two hiking options.
Firstly you may choose to walk around the lake which takes approximately two and a half hours at a brisk pace. Alternatively, you may want a selection of shorter 30 minute walks as well as a visit to Waldheim Chalet. Not everyone on tour has to do the same option.
The driver stays with the short walk passengers, and at a pre-determined time will return to collect the lake walkers. To finish off, time permitting, there is a waterfall/rainforest walk for everyone to enjoy.
On your way to Cradle see the ‘Town of Murals’ Sheffield, and on your return enjoy a stop for cheese tastings at Ashgrove Cheese.
- Ashgrove Cheese Factory, free cheese tasting as well as a extensive shop offering other produce from Tasmanian suppliers
- View native wildlife in their natural habitat, with a very high chance of seeing wombats, a good chance of seeing Bennetts Wallabies, Pademelons, Echidnas, and a slim chance of seeing Forrester Kangaroo
- Optional walks (time permitting) to waterfalls, along mountain streams, open button grass plains
- Pristine cool climate Rainforest walk
- Dove Lake, a deep alpine lake at the base of Cradle Mountain with walking options along its shoreline
- Cradle Mountain National Park (listed as a World Heritage Area)
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up at all centrally located hotels in Launceston. Otherwise the Launceston Transit Centre in Cimitiere Street is default location
- Disability ServicesTour activities can be adjusted for mobility issues, but it is not suitable for wheelchair passengers.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Small water bottle offered in the afternoon (recommend you bring your own to begin with)
- Pick up and drop off to all centrally located hotels in Launceston
- All entry fees for locations listed in the standard itinerary
- Comfortable mini-bus (maximum 10 passengers) with tinted windows and air conditioning for your comfort
- Experienced driver / guide providing extensive commentary on all things Tasmania
- Lunch. There is a provision to purchase on the day
- Any expense of personal nature
- Recommend strong sturdy shoes, preferably waterproof. If the region is wet (rain or melted snow), and your shoes are not waterproof, then please bring spare shoes and socks to change into.
- For an inclement day please bring a coat (preferably waterproof) and warm clothes.
- The atmosphere over Tasmania is thin, and UV rays are strong. So for a sunny day please wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1