5 Day Gorilla Trekking, Big 5 & Big Cats in Uganda
This safari takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable forest where you will be highly inspired by the sight of the giant mountain gorillas.
Later you will continue to Queen Elizabeth National Park – the world’s most biodiversity wildlife sanctuary featuring climbing lions, leopard, hippos, elephants, buffaloes not forgetting the beautiful launch cruise along Kazinga channel.
- Gorilla permit included
- Search for tree-climbing lions
- Unlimited game drives
- Boat cruise on Kanzinga Channel
- Travel with expert guide rated excellent by past clients
- Spot the Big 5 & Big Cats
- Gorilla trekking
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Gorilla permits are non refundable
- Suitable for persons 15 years and above
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick up from Entebbe.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Drinking water (on all days)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Private vehicle rated excellent by past clients
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 4 dinners
- 4 nights accommodation rated excellent by past clients
- Expert guide rated excellent by past clients
- All park fees
- Chimps permit
- Gorilla permit
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$20.00 pp per day)
- International flights (from/to home)
You will be picked up from your hotel and start your journey to South West of Uganda stopping by the equator for splendid photography. Lunch en-route. Within hours, you’ll be in Queen Elizabeth National Park, ready for an evening game drive through the park. This park is the second largest National park in Uganda neighboring crater lakes Edwards and George linked by the Kazinga channel. Journey time: 6 hrs Meal plan: Lunch & Dinner Lodge: Irungu Forest Safari Lodge/ Similar
After early breakfast, depart to the beautiful Kyambura gorge for the chimpanzee trekking. The reserve is located on a 100m deep gorge, south of Queen Elizabeth Park and Lake Edward. Look out for the birds residing by the riverine swamps and forest such as herons, kingfishers, fish eagles, and much more. Return to the lodge for lunch and then go on the afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga channel. Drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight. Accommodation: After early breakfast, depart to the beautiful Kyambura gorge for the chimpanzee trekking. The reserve is located on a 100m deep gorge, south of Queen Elizabeth Park and Lake Edward. Look out for the birds residing by the riverine swamps and forest such as herons, kingfishers, fish eagles, and much more. Return to the lodge for lunch and then go on the afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga channel. Drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Lodge: Irunga Forest Safari Lodge/ Similar
Early in the morning after breakfast, drive directly to Bwindi via the ishasha sector were you will view many tree climbing lions. This is the only place in Africa were you will view tree climbing lions. You will also view many animals including; the monkeys, birds, kobs, antelopes etc. Arrive to the park in the afternoon and enjoy a nature walk were you will many animals including the monkeys, elephants, birds etc.
Have an early morning breakfast, and after proceed to the park headquarters to have a briefing about the dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking in Bwindi. The rangers will then accompany you to the rainforest to start your search for the gentle giants. This walk can sometimes be tough and it needs someone so strong. Trekkers are always advised to carry their rain coats and boots because the weather there is always unpredictable. There are also some potters who always help with the carrying of the luggage on behalf of the visitors but at a small cost. On sighting the gorillas, the rangers will guide you on handle them, especially by giving them a 6 meter distance as you enjoy them play around. It’s always not easy to predict how long gorilla tracking will take and this also depends on the location of some families since some of them are far from the park headquarters. However, it always takes 2 to 8 hours to come into contact with them and the rangers will always be there to guide you. Trackers are also advisable to be physically fit before going for tracking. After our tour, we'll head back to our accommodation for a wonderful dinner and the sounds of the rich Bwindi forest lulling us to sleep.
Depart for Masaka with a stopover at the Equator at this imaginary line that dives the world into two hemispheres (Time for photo shoot & and a practical compelling experiment of seeing water swirl in two different directions. Depart Kabale Town and proceed to Mbarara. After Mbarara, stopover at Igongo cultural museum for lunch and a detour of the museum for a true cultural extravaganza from the great stories, artefacts etc. Across the road from the museum, visit and climb the imposing iconic “Biharwe Eclipse" monument, which was dated by astronomers and historians to have taken place in the year 1520 AD. This was the only scientifically dated event in the early history of the Great Lakes region, the eclipse, which was acknowledged in the legends of Bunyoro, Buganda and Nkore, became the key benchmark that was used by historians to determine royal genealogies of those kingdoms. Drop off for airport transfer.
- Hard wearing clothes, no bright colours, or no army camouflage clothing should be worn. Greens, khaki and similar neutral clothes are recommended.
- While hiking, your clothes will in all likelihood get very muddy and may not recover to their original state - therefore take old clothing for trekking.
- It is important to pack clothes for warm days and cool evenings. Light, quick-drying, practical clothes are advisable for this trip.
- On this trip you may experience several types of weather.
- You will be on the move a lot, so our advice is to pack as lightly as possible.
- Gorilla trekking & chimps tracking require some level of fitness
- IMPORTANT: Please note that due to permit restrictions, bookings made within 7 days of departure are unlikely to be confirmed.