See the Coastal Landscape on This Tour of the Carian Trail
Found in the south-west of Turkey, along the Aegean coast is the Carian Trail tour that leads you through a magnificent coastal landscape that is divided into many smaller and larger peninsulas, islands and bays. Walk-in thick, green forests and wonder at the glowing white rocks that rise above the sea.
On the Carian Trail, you will get to experience an interplay of land and sea, thousand-metre-high cliffs and lovely secluded bays inviting you for a swim.
The trail gets its name from the Carian civilisation, and the region is rich in ancient ruins and history, and you will get to visit the settlements of Amos, Hydas and Loryma that is surrounded by preserved city walls and connected by stone-paved caravan roads and mule paths.
At the quiet village of Turgut, the Carian Trail will take you across olive groves and through forested slopes to the ruins of the ancient city of Hydas, which is found on a narrow ridge. Travel through a spectacular landscape over a high plateau, and you will hike up to a mountain saddle where you can enjoy the fantastic view of a turquoise bay with small islands.
You will also stop at the ruins of the ancient city of Amos that has an ancient Greek amphitheatre that offers magnificent views of the Bay of Marmaris.
- Go across olive groves and through forested slopes to the ruins of the ancient city of Hydas
- Stop at the ruins of the ancient city of Amos with an ancient Greek amphitheater offering magnificent views
- Take a hike to the remote Loryma Bay, where the ancient city of Loryma is located on a small peninsula.
- Hike through extensive forests along the coastal slopes and enjoy the beautiful views of the bay of Gökova
- Rest and to enjoy the view under the towering rock faces of Mount Sakar
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Dalaman Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 24/7 assistance by phone
- Luggage transport to next hotel and private transfers on all walking days
- Breakfast and dinner as stated in the itinerary
- Pick up and drop off at Dalaman Airport
- Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Must have a good physical fitness level
- Please apply suncream in the summer months
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing or footwear