Full Day Private Ephesus Tour From Dalaman
At 7:00 am, meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel and be taken to your private transport for the day. We will begin our tour with a drive around the beautiful Dalaman and stop for a coffee/tea and breakfast on our way out of town. We will then drive from Dalaman to Ephesus for our full day in-depth tour of this ancient land! Take the tour at your own pace with stops as frequently as you wish.
This amazing place contains more than 30 buildings and structures linked together by ancient streets that still to this day bare the marks of ancient chariot wheels. We will see the Great theatre where St Paul preached against the pagans and gladiators once engaged in battle.
Originally holding 25,000 people, this theatre was built in the Hellenistic period and was renovated by several Roman emperors. Designed for theatrical performances, later alterations allowed gladiatorial contests to be held here. Walk through the Library of Celsus. This is the face which has been remarkably restored and probably most photographed location in Ephesus. Originally built in 115-25.
We will also see the Odeon temple, the fountain of Trajan, the temple of Hadrian, stream baths of scholastic, marble road, agora, the temple of Domitian. We will then stop for lunch, to rest and recharge for the remainder of our tour.
After visiting ancient Ephesus continue to temple of Artemis: considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, Ephesus’ temple of Artemis was dedicated to the goddess of the hunt. Only the foundation and one column remain of this temple which was once measured 425 feet long! It's said Paul’s successful ministry in this city was considered a threat to this very temple.
The final part of our tour will be our drive back to your hotel in Dalaman.
- Have breakfast in a beautiful location in Dalaman
- Explore the amazing history and ruins of the ancient city of Ephesus
- Learn why the city is sacred for Christians and hear about the historical figures who passed through its streets
- Visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 to 14 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Dalaman.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pick up/drop off with private transportation
- Breakfast in Dalaman
- Private Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic beverages with lunch
- In the summer months we recommend you wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Also please bring with you sunscreen and hats to protect you from the sun.
- Please include your hotel/apartment name and address when making your booking.