Full Day Private Konya Tour Rumi Shrine
08:30 You will be picked up from your hotel or Konya Airport and drive to Mevlana Museum, where is located in Konya City Center. Today, it is the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, a Sufi mystic also known as Mevlâna or Rumi.
It was also the dervish lodge (tekke) of the Mevlevi order, better known as the Whirling Dervishes. You will visit all available section in Mevlana Museum such as Matbah (Kitchen), tombs, Tilavet Chamber (Quran Reading And Chanting), Semâ-Hâne (Ritual Hall).
After visiting continue the tour by visiting Selimiye Mosque is located next door to Mevlana Museum. The mosque was commissioned by and named for, Sultan Selim II (1566-74) in the Ottoman style. Construction began in 1558 when Selim was still a prince and was completed shortly after he became sultan, in 1567.
Afterwards, you will have lunch in an authentic restaurant. After having lunch, drive to the Beysehir Lake. It carries the same name as the principal urban centre of its region, Beysehir. The water level in the lake often fluctuates by year and by season. Lake Beysehir is used for irrigation, although it is also a national park. There are thirty-two islets in varying sizes in the lake. Lake Beysehir is also an important site for many bird species.
While you are on the Beysehir Lake Tour, you will be able to visit, Esrefoglu Mosque is the only wooden mosque where several decorative techniques of stone, brick, ceramics and painting were used together. It is still a mystery how the wooden portions of the mosque, built-in 1299, lasted until today without decay Eşrefoğlu Mosque, built-in 1299 in the Beyşehir district of the central Anatolian province of Konya, is an architectural mystery.
Afterwards, visit Eflatun Pinari means "violet spring", and is the location of a Hittite shrine dating back to the 13th century BCE. Its layout is quite different, a large, walled basin dominated by a wall of relief figures in one end. The figures symbolize winged sun disks carried by semi-human monsters.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at Konya Airport or your hotel.
- Esrefoglu Mosque
- Tilavet Chamber
- Mevlana Museum
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Turkish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Konya/Konya Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Local taxes
- All entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museums, parking and road tolls
- Professional Guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
- Transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking tour coaches
- Hotels or Konay Airport pick up and drop off
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Full Day Konya City Tour and Mevlan Museum Tour, Beysehir Lake, Eflatun Pinari and Esrefoglu Mosque
- Tips to guide and driver
- Personal expences
- Drinks at lunches
- We recommend you bring with you sunscreen, hats and glasses in the summer months. Wear light comfortable clothing and suitable footwear for walking.