Small Group Full Day Istanbul Tour Including Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia
Start the day by setting off in your comfortable van and venture to the Blue Mosque, one of the most amazing sights in Istanbul.
Be awed by its six signature minarets and many coloured Iznik tiles that come together to form its dazzling blue walls. While listening to your expert guide, you will be taken to the fascinating history of this Ottoman-era mosque. Then go to the Hagia Sophia, an UNESCO-listed museum that was once a mosque and a church. Next, walk over to Topkapi Palace. Explore its complex corridors and intimate rooms where sultans once entertained elite guests—and were welcomed by their harems.
Learn about the interesting bits of backstory to the rooms, bringing to life this ornamental museum and palace. Halfway through the day, have a traditional Turkish lunch. Lunch is recommended in a local restaurant. Leave for the Hippodrome, where you can admire a granite Egyptian obelisk that was a gift to Istanbul. At one point, this location marked the epicentre of the city’s sports life and also served as a political centre.
Then visit Istanbul’s sunken palace, the Basilica Cistern. Your guide will fill you in about the past of these historic places. Go to the Bazaar as your final stop. Stroll through its colourful lanes, discover the smells, crafts, sounds and sights. This is one of the most famous souks in the world; you definitely won’t want to miss this. Duck into leather, ceramic stores, jewellery, spice stalls and other unique outlets.
Meet the friendly local shop owners and craftspeople. When your tour finishes we will drop you off at your European-side hotel or in central Istanbul.
- Visit the Blue Mosque, one of the most stunning sights in Istanbul.
- Walk to the Hagia Sophia, an UNESCO-listed museum that was once a church and a mosque.
- Stroll over to Topkapi Palace, a crown jewel of Istanbul.
- Move on to the Hippodrome, where you can admire a granite Egyptian obelisk that was a gift to Istanbul.
- Once the Roman\'s chariot race place and Ottoman\'s horse race which was known as \'\'at meydanı\'\.'
- The Basilica Cistern is one of the most significant ancient cisterns in Istanbul.
- Your final stop is the Grand Bazaar.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul City Center, Istanbul Airport ,Istanbul Hotels.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Professional Tour Guide
- Full Insurance For The Duration Of The Tour
- Luxurious Vehicles For Your Round Trip Transfer
- Parking Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Personal Expenses
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience.
- As it will be very hot in the summer days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you. Sun protection cream is important during the summer.
- Since you will be visiting a mosque please dress modestly covering knees and shoulders. Ladies should also bring a scarf to cover their head upon entering mosques. Mosques do have scarfs available if needed.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1