Private Istanbul Highlights Walking Tour
Istanbul has always been one of the fascinating cities in the world. We offer this particular excursion to our client who prefers to explore most in the town and pay less. You will have a very informative but enjoyable and easy tour with your professional and knowledgeable guide throughout the imperial city centre.
You will see the most interesting monuments and learn their great historical backgrounds. Since that is a walking tour, you will also have the chance to observe the present day life in the area and take more pictures. You will have an experienced local tour guide with you who will inform you about the historical and architectural background of the sites.
The tour starts with pick up from your hotel (Old City and Taksim areas provided with complimentary pick-up service) We will start with the Roman Hippodrome (the site of ancient races, games and riots). It was also used for similar purposes during the Ottoman Era.
Today, you can observe some of the historical monuments at the site including Serpentine Column, Egyptian Obelisk and German Fountain). After that, we will continue with the Blue Mosque. Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Mosque), a unique example of Ottoman architecture. The inside walls of the Mosque are decorated with beautiful Turkish Tiles. Million Stone (an ancient monument partially remained today. It is situated right in the centre of the city to show the directions to East and West.
Continue to St.Sophia Museum (Holy Wisdom Church built on 537 as the Cathedral of East Roman Empire. Today, it is a museum where the remains belonging to Christianity and Islam are visible together. It is currently listed on World Heritage Sites List. The tour ends with a visit to Grand Bazaar. (One of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world. You will have the set menu lunch including local food which is included in the tour price. (Drinks are self-payment)
In the afternoon, you will visit Topkapi Palace (former residence of Ottoman Sultans and today is a museum including the sections of Treasury, Sacred Relics, Sultan Pavilions and Harem), after that, you will visit Sultan Tombs of 17th and 18th centuries. The tour finishes at around 17:30 with a drop off at your hotel.
- Visit one of the fascinating countries in the world
- Observe the present day life in modernised Istanbul
- See the St Sophia Museum currently on the UNESCO world heritage sites list
- Visit the Grand Bazaar one of the oldest covered markets in the world
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel (Old City and Taksim areas provided with complimentary pick-up service)
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- English speaking guide
- Entrance Fees
- Set menu lunch
- Personal Expenses
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please wear appropriate clothing.