Ottoman Istanbul Half Day Afternoon Tour
Explore the heart and soul of Istanbul on a half-day tour of some of its major highlights. In the company of an expert guide, you will visit the Topkapi Museum and Palace, and continue to the Sultans Tombs. Travelling by air-conditioned coach, the tour includes free pick-ups from central Istanbul hotels, or the port, making it ideal for cruise ship passengers.
Topkapi Museum is the most important museum in Turkey and the Balkan Peninsula, boasting an incomparably rich treasure-chest of artefacts of historical importance. Located in the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries, the exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and Chinese porcelain, as well as robes worn by the sultans and their families, includes the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury.
Next, you'll visit the Sultans Tombs. Made up of 5 tombs of the Ottoman Sultans, within the graveyard at St. Sophia, these ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th-century design with purple, green, blue and red flower motives. The prince's robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses. Please note, on Mondays the Sultans Tombs will be closed and replaced with a visit to the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque.
- Gaze in awe at the mosque’s majestically restored interior, complete with columns of verde antique and red Synnada marble
- View the 5 tombs of the Ottoman Sultans: the Sultans Tombs
- See robes worn by the sultans and their families
- Admire the exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and Chinese porcelain
- Topkapi Palace, one of the most important museums in Turkey
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick-up from centrally located Istanbul hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Service charges and taxes
- Licensed tour guide
- Entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop off by air-conditioned coach (free pick-up is only available for European side city center hotels)
- Entrance fees for the Treasury and Harem sections in Topkapi Palace are not included
- Tips and gratuities
- Food and drink
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and this part of the tour will be replaced with the 2 Continents Tour
- Photography is not permitted on this tour.
- We request that all participants bring their passports/ID cards with them for this tour.