In the Footsteps of Saint Paul: 8 Days Asia Minor Tour
We invite all of you to Turkey in 2022 and 2023. House of Virgin Mary takes place in Ephesus and the pilgrimage place for Christians announced by Pope Paul VI in 1967.
Turkey, situated on the Anatolian peninsula has been the cradle for a number of civilisations throughout its history.
This was an important crossroad in the region which linked three continents known as the “Old World”. During the polytheistic era in this region, many shrines were built and dedicated to gods and goddesses. As monotheism gradually spread throughout the region, its influence led believers to designate some places as sites of faith. Especially in Turkey, a number of these religious sites, artifacts can be found in practically every region of the country the names of some of the sites are found in the holy books and they have left an indelible mark in the course of history.
Here are some examples stated in various passeges of the New Testament :
• Althought Jesus Christ was born in Israel, the name “Christian” is attributed to his followers not in Israel but in Antioch(Antakya), from where Christianity spread all over the world. (When he found him, he took him to Antioch and for a whole year the two met with the people of the church and tought a large group. It was at Antioch that believers were first called Christians.Acts of Apostles 11:26)
• St.Paul was born in Tarsus and the house where he was born still remains. (I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, and brought up here in Jerusalem as a student of Gamaliel…..Acts. 22:3)
• St.Paul preached for the first time in Yalvaç (Pisidian Antioch) (They went on from Perge and arrived in Antioch in Pisidia and on the Sabbath they went into synagogue and sat down… Paul stood up, motioned with his hand and began to speak…Acts.13:14,15,16)
• First, second and third journeys of St.Paul were to Anatolia. (Acts of Apostles)
• The Seven Churches of Apocalypse are all situated in Anatolia. (I said, “Write down what you see and send the book to the churches in these seven cities: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamon, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Leodicea.” The Revelation, 1:11)
Please do not hesitate to contact with us.
- Visit Ephesus, One of the best preserved classical cities in all of Europe and yet to be completely excavated
- The house of Virgin Mary is the final resting place of St. Mary, Mother of Jesus, as it is recognized by the Vatican and was declared as a pilgrimage place for Christians by Pope John-Paul II
- Hierapolis, A Roman ancient city where St. Philip was martyred during the Seven Churches of Asia Minor Tour
- Visit Pergamum acropolis and the Asklepion, the ancient hospital
- Before flight back home, you will visit the impressive city of Istanbul
- Visit the famous Topkapi Palace, the St. Sophia (which for 1000 years was the largest Church in Christendom and now serving as a Mosque)
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour:
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up available from Istanbul Airport and Istanbul hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 7 nights accommodation at the selected hotels as per day itinerary
- Transfer and Transportation throughout the tour by air-conditioned comfortable vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide
- 7 dinners including 2 local dinner
- All entrance fees to the museums and sites
- Tips at the hotels and restaurants
- Bosphorus Cruise by private boat
- 1 tour leader free charge after 15 pax
- V.A.T. %18
- Any personal extras (Laundry - Minibar - Telephones - drinks at meals etc.)
- International Air Fare
- Tips to guide and driver
Arrival to Istanbul meet and assist by English speaking guide. Drive to Canakkale. Arrival Canakkale check in to hotel dinner and overnight.
Breakfast at the hotel drive to Troy arrival and visit the ancient city and wooden Trojan Horse. Drive to Pergamon arrival and lunchat local restaurant, visit the Asklepion (Ancient hospital) than drive to Kusadasi. Arrival check in hotel, dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
After breakfast in the hotel visit the ruins of Ephesus Ancient City. After lunch in local restaurant visit the Hoouse of Virgin Mary. Drive to Pamukkale; check in to hotel. Have a dinner and overnight.
After arly breakfast in the hotel visit Ancient city Hierapolis. Then climb and take a dip into the water of Pamukkale Thermal Terraces. Have a nice local lunch on the way to Konya. Ariival Konya Visit Tomb and Museum of Mevlana (Rumi). Drive to Cappadocia and check in to hotel. Stay overnight after dinner.
Take a breakfast at your hotel and start your day with visit to Goreme Open Air Museum and Uchisar Castle. Have a delicious local lunch. After, visit Underground City, Fairy Chimneys and Pigeon Valley. Back to hotel, have your dinner and saty overnight.
After breakfast in your hotel drive to Ankara. After having lunch visit Mausoleum of Ataturk. Drive from Ankara to Bolu, arrival check in to hotel, have dinner and stay overnight.
Check out from hotel after breakfast drive from Bolu to Istanbul. In Istanbul take a private boat for Bosphorus cruise. After local lunch, visit Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia aand Grand Bazaar. Dinner in local Restaurant. Check in and stay overnight.
After breakfast and Ckeck out visit Topkapi Palace. Have a lunch in Local restaurant and transfer to Istanbul airport for final departure to home.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who have walking difficulties
- This tour is a Biblical tour, may contain lots of information, site visits and walking
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- As it will be very hot in the summer days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you