Half Day Tour of Orthodox Religious Sites from Istanbul
Constantinople Half-Day Tour of the Orthodox Religious Sites will start in the morning you will be picked up from your accommodation and a drive to the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate located in Fener.
On arrival in Fener, we will visit the main building – the church of St. George. One of the most important and ancient relics in the church is part of the pole to which Christ was bound to before being flogged and crucified by the Roman soldiers. In the main cathedral there are relics of three female saints; St. Theophano who was the wife of Emperor Leo the Wise and Saint Euphemia, the Great Martyr.
The third set of relics were from Saint Mary Salome. After we explore the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate, we then go to the Church of St. Mary of the Mongols and we will continue our day by visiting the Church of St. Mary of Blachernae. See the Holy Virgin’s robe, Her omophorion (head cover) and part of Her belt that she brought from Palestine in 457 in the Vlaherna Church.
Then we will travel on to Kariye Museum (The Church of the Holy Saviour in Chora) well-known for its rare examples of mosaic work whose thematic variety of rich detail is unmatched among Byzantine churches. The last emperor that prayed in this church before, the city was besieged by the Turks. The Chora Church was initially in the centre of the monastery of St. Michael, was probably built in the VI century.
- Drive to the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate
- Visit the main building of the church of St. George
- Explore the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate
- Continue by visiting the Church of St. Mary of Blachernae
- Travel to Kariye Museum (The Church of the Holy Saviour in Chora) which is famous for its rare examples of mosaic work whose thematic variety and rich detail are unmatched among Byzantine churches.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick Up and Drop Off from Istanbul Hotels
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional tour guide
- Luxurious vehicles for transportation
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience.
- Dress respectfully when visiting a place of worship