Half Day Istanbul Tour Including Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern and Grand Bazaar
You will be collected from your Istanbul hotel by our tour guide for this half-day tour in Istanbul visiting the beautiful Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern and Grand Bazaar.
Your tour will be in an air-conditioned coach to visit Hagia Sophia; our local guide will explain the rich history of Istanbul. Learn about the four empires who sculpted the city’s architecture and culture that include the Roman empire of (330–395), the Byzantine Empire of (395–1204 and 1261–1453), the Latin Empire (1204–1261) and the Ottoman Empire (1453–1922) — arriving at Hagia Sophia that was constructed in the 6th century as a shrine when Istanbul was still known as Constantinople. Constructed by the Roman Emperor Justinian, learn how the basilica dominated as the largest in the Christian world. The Ottoman Empire converted it into an imperial mosque. Walk through its impressive dome structure to observe the beautiful Byzantine mosaics.
Nearby, cruise underground to the Basilica Cistern that was in use by the Byzantine Empire as a water filtration system. Gasp at the massive size of the largest of hundreds of old cisterns in Istanbul. Learn about the importance of this cistern as our guide explains how it served the Great Palace of Constantinople.
Return to the surface to make our way to the largest covered markets in the world. The Grand Bazaar has been a cultural and trade centre for jewellery, pottery, spices, quality leather goods, and beautiful carpets since the 15th century when the Ottomans began their reign.
- Discover how Istanbul served as the capital of an astounding four empires over thousands of years.
- See Hagia Sophia, a great museum offering insight into Istanbul\'s complicated history.
- Visit the inner workings of the Great Palace of Constantinople in the underground Basilica Cistern or Nakkas Cistern.
- Shop for authentic Turkish mementoes at the massive Grand Bazaar.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 to 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick Up and Drop Off from Istanbul Hotels
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fees.
- Parking fees.
- Professional tour guide.
- Air-conditioned luxurious vehicle for transportation.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Personal expenses.
- Food and drinks
- On Mondays, the Hagia Sophia is closed and will be swapped with Chora Museum, you may visit the Nakkas Cistern or Basilica Cistern,
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so extra time will be allocated to the other two landmarks.