Anzac Day Memorial Tour from Istanbul
The Anzac Day Memorial Tour from Istanbul is a once in a lifetime experience. On 25 April each year, we commemorate the landings of the Anzacs on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. The memorial sites at Gallipoli are the sovereign territory of the Turkish people and holding the annual Anzac Day commemorative services is only possible with the cooperation and generous assistance of the Government of the Republic of Turkey.
This three-day tour is jam-packed with so much to see and do. Start early in the morning with your very experienced guide, travelling through some breathtaking scenery on your journey to Gallipoli. On route, we stop off to visit the Anzac Cove and the cemetery where you might like to attend a relatives grave.
It is the only day that there will be access to this site. There is so much to see and do on this memorial guided tour, from a visit to the legendary city of Troy to sleeping out overnight.
The most memorial part of the tour will be to join in the Anzac dawn memorial service a very touching and moving service dedicated to the many lives that where lost in the great battle. In 2018, Australia and New Zealand will conduct the iconic Dawn Service at the Anzac Commemorative Site at Gallipoli, starting at 5.30am after an overnight vigil.
Later that morning Australia will conduct a memorial service at Lone Pine at 9:30 am, and New Zealand will hold its memorial service at Chunuk Bair at 11:30 am – timings for the Australian and New Zealand services are subject to confirmation.
Book now for 2020!
- Travel to Gallipoli (Çanakkale)and visit the Anzac Cove, Lone Pine, the war cemeteries, and many other relevant sites.
- Spend some free time exploring Çanakkale city centre where you may see the Ottoman Clock Tower and old houses.
- You will visit Troy and enjoy a guided tour of the site and learn more about the ancient fables surrounding this legendary city.
- Attend the exceptional dawn service commemorating the Battle of Gallipoli and Anzac.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceIstanbul, Istanbul Hotels , Istanbul Airports
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Private Luxury Vehicle
- Professional Tour Guide
- Parking Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Sleeping bag use
- Hotel accommodation (a night), sleeping bags for the ceremony (a night).
- Personal Expenses
- Lunches and Dinners
- Gratuities (Optional)
Istanbul - Çanakkale
Depart Istanbul in the early morning. Meet with your experienced guide and fellow group members.
Travel to Gallipoli (Çanakkale) by private vehicle, stopping en route for a quick local lunch (optional)
Visiting the Anzac Cove, Lone Pine, the war cemeteries, and many other important sites.
There will also be time for individuals to visit their relatives' grave sites.
Please note this is the only day with access to these sights.
After the tour, we will continue to Çanakkale for the night.
Overnight at Hotel in Canakkale
On the Second day, you will visit Troy and enjoy a guided tour of the site and learn more about the ancient fables surrounding this legendary city.
Then arrive and spend some free time exploring Çanakkale city center in the afternoon.
Have your dinner in Çanakkale then take a ferry from Canakkale to Gallipoli side of the Dardanelles ceremonial area near Anzac Cove for the night.
There will be a grandstand set up for visitors to camp out overnight. Spend the evening tucked into sleeping bags in the stands at the ceremonial site in readiness for the dawn service.
Attend the exceptional dawn service commemorating the Battle of Gallipoli and Anzac.
First light heralds the Dawn Service, which starts with a poignant bugle call. The service lasts for an hour and public wreath laying at the ANZAC Memorial site is possible afterwards.
Later this morning Australian’s have the opportunity to visit the Lone Pine Memorial Service at the cemetery that begins at 09:30.
Our New Zealanders are invited to attend the New Zealand service at Chunuk Bair at 11:30am.
Later this afternoon after a quick lunch, we’ll journey back to Istanbul where the tour ends on arrival by Van, arriving in the evening.
Please note that on our arrival to Istanbul is in the late evening. We can arrange post-tour accommodation if you'd like to extend your stay. Please ask at the time of booking.
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- Essentials for a night sleep in sleeping bag for Dawn Ceremony • Reusable water bottle • Shirts/t-shirts • Sleepwear • Small travel towel • Sunglasses • Toiletries • Watch and alarm clock • Waterproof backpack cover •
- As it will be rainy in the Spring days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you.