Capitivating Cappadocia Private Green Tour
The first thing you will see on tour is Derinkuyu Underground City. You will get information about the history and formation of Cappadocia while watching the fairy chimneys. Following the information, there will be free time to take photographs. You will pass by Derinkuyu Yeralti Sehri while driving to the Underground City.
The local people used the underground city as a natural deep freeze, but later the Romans used it as a shelter against potential Arabian invasions. With clear explanations of your guide, you will spend almost 1 hour here.
Then you will pass by Ihlara Valley, which is about 52 km away from the Underground City. Ihlara Valley was formed by the volcano of Mt. Hasan, which is next to Ihlara Valley.
Afterwards, the Melendiz River eroded the valley for millions of years where the layers cracked, and it fell. Eventually, an 80 meter- deep canyon was composed.
In the past, generally, Christians lived in several parts of the Valley; also they carved churches and painted them. You will hike about 3,5 km before arriving at a local restaurant for lunch.
Visit the Selime Monastery, where at first look, the monastery looks like a castle but shelters churches, chapels, bedrooms, storages and a big cathedral proving to us as being a monastery.
You will then pass by Pigeon Valley while climbing to the Selime Monastery, and on arrival, the pigeons will meet you on the top of the Valley. The pigeons have always been extraordinary for the Cappadocian people. The eggs and droppings were used for different purposes.
For this reason, the local people carved houses for them to the slopes of the Valley. You will understand the reason why people call them “houses” when you see them.
- See the historical Underground City
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Have lunch next to the Melendiz River
- All-inclusive tour
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Your Cappadocia Hotel.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Any other services that are not mentioned
- Optional tips for the driver/guide
- In the high season make sure you apply plenty of suncream
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear