See the Magnificent Sights of Turkey on a 7-Day Tour from Kusadasi
Join this tour and sample the country’s myriad highlights where you will first arrive in Kusadasi and have the rest of the day at your leisure. Explore this lovely coastal city with plenty of restaurants, shops and bars that will suit everyone's tastes.
After some relaxation, you will begin with a tour of the ancient city of Ephesus, a highlight of any trip to Turkey. Ephesus is the best-preserved ancient city in the Eastern Mediterranean and has the largest open-air museum found in Turkey. Ephesus has more than 30 buildings and structures linked together by streets that still have the Marks of Ancient Chariot wheels. You will go to the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The Temple of Artemis was built in honour to the goddess of the hunt, and only the foundation and one column remain which once measured 425 feet long.
Travel to Pamukkale, which is the centre of natural thermal spring waters, which is believed to have healing properties. The chemical properties in the water create pure white coloured travertines and stepped water terraces that have been built on the mountain slope. Explore the travertines and the ancient city of Hierapolis where you will find the biggest Necropolis with around 1200 gravestones. The Sacred Pool is another highlight of the site (entrance approximately 50 TL pp extra). The shallow thermal, clear waters that ripple over a wonderful scattering of ancient Roman ruins lie beneath.
Enjoy a stop in Konya and visit the Mevlana Museum which is dedicated to Mevla Celaddiini-Rum, a Muslim poet. Continue to Cappadocia with a trip to Göreme Open-Air Museum, an essential Turkish museum located in the heart of the areas fairytale landscape and is typified by caramel-coloured buildings and the bizarre fairy chimneys. The open-air museum comprises of a cluster of rock churches and monasteries that attest to Byzantine life in Cappadocia.
Explore this stunning landscape with your guide and see what life was like long ago in this intriguing area of Anatolia. Stop for lunch (own expense) in Göreme before heading by minibus through Devrent Valley to see the perfectly formed fairy chimneys in dense clusters. After a short journey, arrive in Kaymakli Underground City and head below ground to walk around its subterranean maze of passages, cellars and stables.
You will then head back to Istanbul with a stop at Ankara and visiting Anit Kabir, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk an important figure who founded modern Turkey. Browse an impressive collection of Atatürk memorabilia inside the mausoleum’s museum and learn about this colourful and domineering dictator.
- See some of the best preserved ruins at Ephesus, the Temple of Artemis and see the local life in Selcuk
- Visit Pamukkale with its pure white travertines and see the ruins of Hierapolis
- Go pass along a fascinating stretch of road known as the Silk Road
- Visit Mevlana Museum, dedicated to the Muslim poet Mevla Celaddiini-Rum in Konya
- See the main highlights of Cappadocia including Goreme, Fairy Chimneys, underground city and Dervent Valley
- Stop of at Ankara and visit the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
- Enjoy free time at leisure in Istanbul
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Kusadasi
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary
- Six nights of accommodation
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Bathing pools entrance fee at Pamukkale
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Folklore evening in Cappadocia
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear when sightseeing
- Please dress appropriately before entering any religious places
- Travellers should have a moderate fitness level