House of Virgin Mary and Church in Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi
This tour helps you to take a step back in time. On this excursion, you will visit the Virgin Mary’s House and the ancient city of Ephesus.
After driving for 30 minutes, you arrive at the House of the Virgin Mary, where she has past the last years of her life. This sacred site is an officially declared Roman Catholic shrine and hosted by three Papa visits since 1967.
After the visit, you will take a 10-minute drive to Ephesus, where you will see the Odeon Theatre, Celsus Library, and Hadrian Temple and much more. The Marble Road runs between the Theater, and Celsus Library is part of a sacred walkway.
You will see the Grand Theatre of Ephesus, dating back to the Hellenistic period. It was at this great site that St. Paul preached, as its acoustics remain excellent, the theatre is still in use today.
The Church of Mary dates back to the second century A.D. also known as the "Hall of the Muses”. It was used as an educational and cultural centre, and once that Christianity was adopted as the official religion of Rome, it became a Basilica, the first church that has been dedicated to the Virgin Mary in the world.
- Visit the holy place which is the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life.
- The house of Virgin Mary is the final resting place of St. Mary, Mother of Jesus, as it is recognised by the Vatican and was declared as a pilgrimage place for Christians by Pope John-Paul II. Visiting The House of V. Mary is a spiritually uplifting experience
- See Ancient Ephesus one of The Roman Empire\'s four big cities at one time.
- As you arrive in Ephesus, you will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvellous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city.
- The Church of The Virgin Mary dating back to the second century A.D. The route will take you past the Odeon, Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kusadasi Hotels, Kusadasi Port and Selcuk Hotels
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance Fees
- Private licenced guide
- Transportation in luxurious vehicles
- Round trip transfer
- Bottle of Water per person
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- As it will be very hot in the summer days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you.