Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus Tour From Kusadasi
You will meet your guide, and you will leave for your first visit, which is Miletus, an old city located near the present Akkoy at the mouth of the Buyuk Menderes (Meander) River. It was a critical position on all trade routes. It was one of the biggest cities in Anatolia with a citizenry of between 80,000 and 100,000, and Highly prosperous, it founded many of the colonies and was the home of the 6C BC philosophers Anaximander. Anaximenes and Thales was the town planner Hippodamus and the creator Isidorus. It seems that Miletus has produced geniuses the way Aphrodisias produced sculptors.
Then, you will visit Didyma. The word Didyma meant "twins" and was linked by some as being the gathering place of Leto and Zeus to have their twins Apollo and Artemis. Didyma was famous for being a prophecy centre dedicated to Apollo which served a comparable ambition as the Delphi of Anatolia. It was not a metropolis but a sanctuary linked to Miletus by Milesians with a 19 km/12 m holy road. This road may not have been made until the end of the 1C AD. Lunch is recommended in a Local restaurant at Selcuk town.
Then, you will visit the site of Ephesus, a stunning standout among ancient ruins remaining in the world of today. This incredible city was founded by the Carians and Lelegs, that later was to become the honeymoon playground of Anthony and Cleopatra. On your walking tour, don't miss the famous Celsus Library façade, rebuilt in the 1970s to its ancient splendour, as well as the Grand theatre that can hold more than 25,000 people.
- This tour contains lots of historical and archaeological information for you. Your guide will give you little known details
- First, you will be taken to visit Miletus
- Next, you will visit Didyma. The word Didyma means Twins.
- Your last visit is to the Magnificent Ephesus, a stunning standout among the ancient ruins remaining in the world today, awaits your discovery. You will see the famous Celsus Library façade, restored and reconstructed in the 1970s, the Temple of Hadrian, and the Great Theatre with a seating capacity of 25,000 people.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kusadasi Hotels , Kusadasi Port and Selcuk Hotels
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance Fees
- Private licenced guide
- Transportation in luxurious vehicles
- Round trip transfer
- Bottle of Water per person
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Meals and Beverages
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- As it will be very hot in the summer days we recommend you to bring an umbrella or a hat with you.
- UNESCO World Heritage ( Ephesus Ancient City is a part of the UNESCO. Newly added! )