2-Day Sahara Desert Camel Trek in Tunisia
A visit to the Sahara desert is an experience everyone should have at least once in their lifetime. It is a journey well worth the effort, you will have fond memories to last you forever. Imagine yourself on top a camel, trekking through the Sahara desert. There is nothing around you, and all you can hear are the footsteps of the camel on the soft sand.
The sky is vast and clear in the day and filled with millions of bright stars at night.
- Camel trekking through the Sahara desert
- Delicious Tunisian cuisine
- Breathtaking sunset and sunrises
- Camping under the stars
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Arabic
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Not recommended for children under the age of 8
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off from your hotel in Douz.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 1 Night Desert Camp Accommodation (including breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Douz
- Camel ride
- Bottled water
- Scarf and traditional dress
- Private tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in other cities
Arrive in Douz Following an early pick-up from your hotel or accommodation in Douz, meet your Bedouin cameleers and begin your camel trek, you will enjoy riding the camel through the fascinating views of the golden dunes and the amazing landscape changing as the day progresses. At midday, you will have the break for lunch, while the chef will prepare a delicious meal, you have the opportunity to take photos of the impressive dessert.
After lunch, your journey continues, you will ride the camel til sunset and also have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing sunset on top of the golden dunes. Arriving at the desert camp, you will have a traditional Berber dinner along the famous flatbread prepared on open fire. Then spending the night under the starry Saharan sky, drumming around the fire.
In the early morning, enjoy the charming sunrise and have a Berber breakfast, then continue to ride the camel through the remarkable dunes and fantastic landscape, from there, your Tunisian desert adventure will wind to a close, with a camel trek back to the initial meeting point, where your return transportation to Douz awaits.
- It is advised to bring sunscreen, hats and sunglasses as well as insect repellant along with you as we do not provide them!
- Please wear light comfortable clothing during the summer months