Two Days Selous Game Reserve Safari from Stone Town
At the heart of the Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania’s largest river, the Rufiji, forms a complex network of channels, lakes and swamps that create one of the most outstanding ecological systems in East Africa. This river also splits the reserve into two different sections:
The northern Selous covers only around 5% of the reserve’s total area. There is no hunting allowed here as this area is dedicated exclusively to photographic safaris. Virtually all of the small exclusive camps which we offer operate in this area.
The southern Selous, south of the Rufiji, is split up into a number of ‘hunting blocks’ – each of which typically covers about 1,000km². Expert Africa doesn’t offer hunting safaris.
The reserve covers a total area of 50,000 km2 (19,000 sq. m) and has additional buffer zones.
Within the reserve, there is no permanent human habitation or permanent structures as these are not permitted. All (human) entry and exit is carefully controlled by the Wildlife Division of the Tanzanian Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
Some of the typical animals of the miombo are:
African bush elephants, black rhinos, hippopotamus, lions, East African wild dogs, Cape buffaloes, Masai giraffes, Plains zebras, and crocodiles. All of these can be found in this park in larger numbers more than in any other African game reserve or national park.
- Breakfast & Bush Lunch will be served as per itinerary
- Dinner and sleep over at one of the beautiful Selous Lodge/Camps
- Arriving at Selous with afternoon game drive
- Get to see some amazing wildlife
- Adventurous afternoon game drive
- You will depart with Auric Air return flights
- Boat safari on the Rufiji river
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transfer from your hotel to the Airport (Stone Town or Beach Hotel ) is not included in the cost. $20 from Stone Town and $45 from all beach hotels.
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up serviceTransfer from your hotel to the Airport (Stone Town or Beach Hotel ) is not included in the cost. $20 from Stone Town and $45 from all beach hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Park fees
- Game drives
- Auric Air return flights
- Soft drinks
- Accommodation in Selous (for sleepovers)
- Tips Gratuities
- Alcoholic drinks (are available to purchase)
- Transport from your hotel in Zanzibar to Zanzibar airport/port for departure to Selous
08:00 departure from the airport arriving at 09:00.
Arrival at Selous 09:30
Start Gamedrive 13:00, Bush-lunch 17:00
End of the Gamedrive
Overnight stay in Africa Safari Camp
06:00 breakfast and check-out.
06:45 Boat Safari on the Rufiji river
09:30 Flight Back to Zanzibar or Dar es Salaam
- Bring your suncream
- This is a last minute Selous game reserve safari that must is booked 7 days prior to the date of safari
- Additional money for transfer from your hotel in Stone Town will be added ($25), or from all beach hotels ($45) per vehicle one way.
- Minimum of 2 passengers for safaris to Selous
- Flights for the day trips are available everyday
- Lodges/Camps: 1. Selous Kinga Lodge 2.African Safari Camp