1 Day Selous Game Reserve Safari Tanzania
This reserve has a higher density and diversity of species than any other Miombo woodland area; there are more than 2,100 plants which have been recorded and more are thought to exist in the remote forests in the south.
Similarly, the reserve protects an impressive large mammal fauna as it contains globally significant populations of African elephant (Loxodontha africana) (106,300), black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) (2,135) and wild hunting dogs (Lycaon pictus). It also includes one of the world's largest known populations of hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius) (18,200) and buffalo (Syncerus caffer) (204,015).
There are also important populations of ungulates including sable antelope (Hippotragus niger) (7000), Lichtenstein's hartebeest (Alcelaphus lichtensteinii) (52,150), greater kudu (Tragelaphus strepsiceros), eland (Taurotragus oryx) and Nyassa wildebeest (Connochaetes albojubatus) (80,815).
In addition, there is also a large number of Nile crocodile (Crocodilus niloticus) and 350 species of birds, including the endemic Udzungwa forest partridge (Xenoperdix udzungwensis) and the rufous-winged sunbird (Nectarinia rufipennis).
Because of this high density and diversity of species, the Selous Game Reserve is a natural habitat of outstanding importance for in-situ conservation of biological diversity.
- Be amazed at the many spectacular species of birds
- See Black Rhinoceros, Hippopotamus's, Crocodiles and much more
- Admire the beautiful African Elephants
- See a magnificent range of wildlife and flora
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Italian
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Tour guide
- The Flight from Selous to Zanzibar
- The Flight from Zanzibar to Selous
- Park fees
- Airport taxes
- Coffee and drinks upon arrival
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary
- Tips Gratuities
Depart from either Zanzibar or Dar es Salaam
On arrival, coffee, tea and a snack will be served (included in price).
Start your game drive in the biggest reserve in Africa.
Enjoy a bush lunch including hot soup.
You Game Drive ends at 15:00
Your departure to either Zanzibar of Dar es Salaam is at 16:30
- You can depart from Zanzibar or Dar es Salaam depending on you accommodation for a day safari
- Not only is there a 1 Day Selous Game Drive Safari, but also there is a 1 day safari to Tarangire National Park or Ngorongoro Crater which can also be organized on request