Private Pilato’s House and Lebrija Palace Tour
One of the best ways to discover the most aristocratic Seville is by following the route offered by our “the secret palaces tour”. In this tour, we will know the Pilato’s house and Lebrija Palace. They are “isolated” havens surrounded by buildings in the heart of Seville.
Both palaces follow a typical structure of a Sevillian house, that is to say, Mudejar decoration mixed with surprising Roman archaeological remains, many of them coming from the Roman city of Itálica, located to the outskirts of the city.
Follow the paths of the history of Seville by following the history of these families. What better than by visiting their houses? Incredible roman mosaics on the pavements, ceramics, sculptures from the roman times the families collected along with their lives.
Beautiful courtyards, gorgeous architecture, and a lot of hidden secrets behind their walls. Pilato’s house and Lebrija Palace tour We will begin the visit Pilato’s house. This place, also called the house of the Dukes of Medinaceli, is a mixture of renaissance style and Mudejar Spanish.
It is adorned with beautiful tiles and well-kept gardens. It’s considered the prototype of the Andalusian palace. Its construction was initiated by Pedro Enriquez de Quiñones and his wife Catalina de Rivera, continued by his son Don Fadrique, whose pilgrimage to Jerusalem in 1519, led to the palace received the name of “House of Pilate”.
It was declared a National Monument in 1931. Finally, we will know the Palace of the Countess of Lebrija. It is located on one of the busiest streets in the city of Seville, the so-called Cuna street.
This palace is from the 16th century and is characterized by its precious collection of Roman mosaics, paraphernalia, columns, amphoras and sculptures of great artistic value.
The place combines the Arabic style observable in its walls, the Plateresque decoration, the ceiling of the XVI century and a frieze of the Renaissance. Of course, it still presents the typical Andalusian style in its façade and design.
- Wander through isolated sections in the heart of Seville
- Follow the histories of the families that created these stunning monuments
- Experience the beautiful courtyards, gorgeous architecture and hidden secrets behind their walls
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 150 to 180 minutes
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Centrally located Seville hotels.
- Disability ServicesWheelchair access and assistance available.
- Easy CancellationFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. If for any reason outside the company such as lack of available tickets or closing of any monument, we can not visit any of the monuments included, this will be replaced by any other that is considere. Use the contact details for more information.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional and official guide in your language
- Private tour
- Monuments tickets
- We recommend your wear comfortable clothing and footwear for this tour. In the summer months, please don't forget to bring with you sunscreen, hats and glasses to protect yourselves from the summer sun.
- We ask customers to carry with them a form of ID for this tour. The lead traveller will need to produce theirs at the beginning of the tour