'In the Steps of Christopher Columbus' Exclusive Private Tour
In the latter, an attempt has been made to recreate the indigenous culture of the Island of Guanahani, the first island in which Christopher Columbus landed on October 12, 1492, which he named "San Salvador".
Later we will go to the Monastery of Santa María de la Rábida, in which Christopher Columbus stayed while he was preparing his project before leaving for the New World from Andalusia.
It is also the burial site of Martín Alonso Pinzón, who died a few days after the return of the first Columbus trip. Finally, we will go to the town of Moguer where we will visit the Monastery of Santa Clara. It is the most outstanding Colombian monument of Moguer. His Abbess Inés Enríquez, the aunt of King Ferdinand the Catholic, who backed the explorer's trip in court.
After returning from the journey of discovery, Christopher Columbus and the rest of the people from Mage, spent the first night in his church fulfilling the vow they made at sea when a storm was about to overthrow the “Niña”. Hotel pick-up and drop-off are included on this exclusive tour!
- Explore the Monastery of Santa Clara: the most outstanding Colombian monument of Moguer
- Monastery of Santa María de la Rábida - home to Columbus during the final days before his departure
- Visit the Muelle de las Carabelas museum
- Walk the same way as Columbus in his final days before his trip to the New Continent
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up at your hotel or apartment in Seville.
- Easy CancellationCanceling 7 days before or up to 48 hours, or there are cancellation fees Canceling 48 hours before, 50% Canceling 24% or no show, non-refundable
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Guided Tour in the Footsteps of Columbus
- Monastery of Santa Clara
- Moguer town
- Monastery of Santa María de la Rábida
- Encuentro Island
- Muelle de las Carabelas museum
- Other extras
- Food and Drink
- Please include your hotel/apartment address when making your booking.
- We recommend you dress according to the weather activities taking place on your tour. Comfortable footwear is a must!