Montserrat Mountain Private Experience with Lunch Included
Your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel or apartment to start off your experience, then you will head to the train station by public transport, where we will take the train and enjoy the Catalonian landscape on our way to Monistrol, located at the bottom of the mountain. Once there you can choose between the rack train or the cable car to get to the popular Santa María de Montserrat Abbey. From this viewpoint, you will be able to take amazing pictures.
We will visit the Basilica and we will visit the Virgin of Montserrat, known as Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, a wood carving from the twelfth century, which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
During our visit to this Benedictine monastery, founded in the eleventh century, we will listen to the fantastic boys’ choir of L’Escolania de Montserrat, one of the most famous children choirs in Europe, and the oldest (fourteenth century).
After this experience, we can do some hiking to an amazing viewpoint located about 25 minutes away from the monastery or watch an audiovisual to found out about the life of the monks. At the end of this experience, we will have lunch to recharge our batteries and return to Barcelona.
For those who love nature and culture, this will be a great experience, for sure!
- Visit the Virgin of Montserrat, known as Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, which is the patron saint of Catalonia and the symbol of this sacred place
- Listen to the fantastic boys’ choir of L’Escolania de Montserrat, one of the most famous children choirs in Europe, and the oldest (fourteenth century)
- Discover this amazing mountain and all its secrets. This tour is perfect for those who love nature and culture, cause Montserrat offers the perfect mix!
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/apartment in Barcelona.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee up to 48 hours before the tour starts. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the start of the tour or do not show up for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour guide who will meet you at your hotel/apartment
- Public transport tickets.
- A welcome pack with a bottle of water, a map of Montserrat and a city map of Barcelona.
- Train tickets + rack train/cable car tickets.
- Typical breakfast including coffee and a locally made Catalan pastry.
- Lunch and drinks: if you opt for the hiking experience we will buy some sandwiches to eat on the train back, if not, we will have lunch in the monastery’s restaurant
- Seeing the audiovisual Life of the Monks (Extra price of 6,5€ per person)
- Museum of the monastery (Extra 9€ per person)
- Funicular de Sant Joan (Extra13,50€ per person)
- From July to September 1st – boys’ choir is on summer holiday and will not be performing
- Please include all pickup details when making your booking