Find Mandela Township Half Day Private Tour
Guest are picked up at any location of their choice in Cape Town for a half day filled with cultural and historical details.
Bo-Kaap is our first stop and was formerly known as the Malay Quarter and is a former township situated on the slopes of Signal Hill above the city Centre and historical Centre of Cape Malay culture in Cape Town.
The area is known for its brightly colored homes made up of long continuous rows of small, mostly single-storeyed flat-roofed houses and its cobblestoned streets.
We then proceed to the District Six Museum which was established in memory of a mixed community of freed slaves, merchants, artisans, labourers and immigrants.
District Six was a vibrant centre with close links to the city and the port but by the beginning of the twentieth century, however, the process of forced removal and marginalization had started.
The Museum works with the memories of the community experience.
Next, we go to Langa Township Langa meaning “the sun” in Xhosa and was the first township in the Cape Peninsula with its development starting in 1923 and in terms of the Urban Areas Act was initially opened as a camp for male labourers.
Currently administered by the Cape Town City Council, Langa has a railway station that helps to transport people to the city and suburbs for employment.
Then onto Guga Sthebe Arts and Cultural Centre that was built as a multipurpose centre which holds regular exhibitions expressing local and national art activities.
They offer services for small entrepreneurs and facilities for arts and crafts, metalwork, pottery, music and much more to empower the people of Langa and improve their social and economic lives.
- Guga Sthebe Cultural Center
- Short walking tour
- Langa Township
- Drive through District Six
- Visit to District Six Museum
- Visit to Bo-Kaap
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Italian, Portuguese
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is for a minimum of 4 and maximum of 9 guests
- Tour is available all year round
- Live GuideEnglish, Italian, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Registered tourist guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Soft drinks
- Optional visits
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- If you wish, you can request to taste the African beer
- District Six Museum is closed on Sundays so we only go through the District itself
- Depending on the day walking tour maybe substituted with driving through
- Bring along closed shoes and an extra jacket in case the weather changes suddenly