Seafood Festival - Ericeira Fishing Village near Lisbon
Seafood or Fish Lunch at beach with Fishing Village and Beach Tour
The Portuguese, Seafood and Fish tour is the best of the best! It includes a 6-hour tour departing from your hotel at 9.30am and returning at 3.30pm.
Travel in a new air-conditioned minivan taking in the sea views and enjoy lunch at one of the best fresh seafood and fish restaurants on the beach, either at Sesimbra or Ericeira (40Km from Lisbon). The destination will depend on the weather forecast, traffic, or guest preference.
Stop for coffee or tea, and try some of the famous cupcakes (Pasteis de Terrugem or Tortas de Azeitão or Pasteis de Mafra).
Despite being relatively restricted to an Atlantic sustenance, Portuguese cuisine has many Mediterranean influences and is famous for its seafood.
Try the caldeirada (fish stew) or the many varieties of seafood and be sure to leave room for the superb desserts.
Our beach lunch includes fresh seafood and other specialist dishes like steak, barbecued chicken, meals for kids and much more. Also included are coffee, water, soft drinks, juices, wine, green-wine and draft beer.
We will arrive at the restaurant at 12:30 pm and we will have enough time to rest, enjoy lunch and the view.
Arriving Sesimbra: Sesimbra is a village that the famous author Camões called "beautifully fishy. Rich in natural and cultural heritage, you´ll get to know about its history going back to medieval times, while walking through its narrow streets, impressive monuments, and emblematic buildings. Visit the City Square; Holly Spirit Chapel; Santiago's Church; Bishop's House and Santiago's Fort.
Arriving Ericeira: Considered one of Europe’s best ‘small destinations’, Ericeira is a quite ancient town, believed to be connected with the Phoenicians. The sea has always played an essential role for the village and it was a very important port during the 19th century. This is the place where the Portuguese royal family escaped to their exile after the 1908 regicide. Ericeira is a popular beach destination, known for its natural beauty, welcoming atmosphere and delicious seafood. Visit the Palace of Mafra that is a monumental Baroque and Italianized Neoclassical palace-monastery. Construction began in 1717 and was completely concluded in 1755. The palace was classified as a National Monument in 1910 and was also one of the finalists of the Seven Wonders of Portugal.
We will depart from the restaurant at 2:45 pm and the estimated arrival at your hotel will be at 3:30 pm (end of the tour)
- Palace of Mafra that is a monumental Baroque and Italianized Neoclassical palace-monastery
- Seafood or Fish Lunch
- Holly Spirit Chapel Sesimbra
- Ericeira, a quite ancient town, believed to be connected with the Phoenicians
- Sesimbra a village that the famous author Camões called beautifully fishy
- Santiagos Fort Sesimbra
- Bishops House, Sesimbra
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up serviceAt your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Professional guide
- Beverages and lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Tips Gratuities
- Remember to bring your sunscreen if visiting in summer
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1