Private Tour - Monasteries and more - West From Lisbon
On this tour route of the West, see the Monastery of Batalha, or Alcobaça, then Nazaré, S. Martinho do Porto and Obidos.
- Monastery of Batalha also called Santa Maria da Vitoria, was built by King João I in gratitude for Aljubarrota's victory. The construction work lasted about 150 years and is one of the most beautiful monuments of Portuguese architecture. Since 1983 it is part of world heritage UNESCO.
- The foundation of the Abbey Monastery of Alcobaça dates 1153 and one of the first foundations of the Cistercian order. Its architecture is the first test of Gothic art in Portugal. Since 1983 it is part of world heritage UNESCO.
- Nazareth, land of fishermen, and known by the seven skirts of their wives. The Nazareth is known for water sports, logging of history and viewpoint with fantastic views of the Atlantic. Actualment the Nazaré is also known for the North Beach where the world's best surfers defy the biggest waves in the world.
- Obidos land of excellent location, which last had navigable access to the sea through the lagoon arms. Passed through here Phoenicians, Romans and Arabs, before the conquest by D Afonso Henriques. The 1755 earthquake brought down part of the wall and some buildings.
- Return to Lisbon.
- See the stunning Monastery of Batalha also called Santa Maria da Vitoria and Abbey Monastery of Alcobaça dated 1153
- Nazareth land of fishermen and known by the seven skirts of their wives
- Obidos land of excellent location
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Portuguese
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off in customer hotel / apartment in Lisbon – other places on request
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Pick-up and drop-off in customer hotel / apartment in Lisbon – other places on request
- Private car or coach transport with air-conditioning
- Bottled water and Snacks
- Insurance of tourist activity
- Auto insurance
- Driver and guide expenses
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Departure time is 8.30 am from your hotel or apartment in Lisbon
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1