Private Tour from Lisbon to Cost Alentejo
Our tour begins with the departure from Lisbon towards the Roman ruins of Troy, where there was a population aggregate dedicated to fishing, manufacturing and exporting canned fish, from the first century to the sixth century AD. The preserves were exported to the rest of the Roman Empire.
From here, we will head south to Santiago do Cacém, visit a Roman settlement, Old Miróbriga. These are ruins referenced from the 16th-century that are implanted in an area of excellence in agricultural resources, maritime, mining, and represented an important commercial role in the Iron Age to the 4th-century dc by location. You can still see a spa, and residential buildings.
We go then to the historic town of Sines that dates back at least to Roman times. In the 13th and 14th-century, the village developed around its harbour. The castle that exists today was started after the charter letter. Today Sines is one of the most important commercial ports in the country and fishing.
Then visit the fishing village of Porto Covo with beautiful beaches and through a beautiful song became better known not only by the Portuguese, but for many who come to Portugal.
We finish the tour of the Alentejo coast passing by the fishing village of Vila Nova de Milfontes on the banks of the River Mira. The human presence in the region dates back to the Paleolithic. We had Roman and Moorish occupation in the respective periods. This is a fishing village. In the 16th to 18th century due to frequent pirate attacks in the region, the fort of St. Clement (Milfontes Castle) was built.
Return to Lisbon
- See the Roman ruins of Troy
- In Santiago do Cacém, visit a Roman settlement Old Miróbriga
- Take a tour of the historic town of Sines and fishing village of Porto Covo
- Visit the fishing village of Vila Nova de Milfontes on the banks of the River Mira
- Knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Pick up and drop off from Lisbon hotels/apartments
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Portuguese
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off in customer hotel / apartment in Lisbon.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Pick-up and drop-off in customer hotel / apartment in Lisbon – other places on request
- Transport by private car or coach with air-conditioning
- Bottled water and Snacks
- Insurance of tourist activity
- Auto insurance transport
- Driver and guide expenses
- Entrance Fees
- Food and drinks not stated in inclusions
- Departure time is 8.30 am from your hotel or apartment in Lisbon