Private 4 Hour Jewish Lisbon Tour
With three thousand years of history, Lisbon overflows with influences of Sephardic presence. Jews in Lisbon came to develop a unique identity and were part of a sophisticated society of intellectuals, mathematicians and cabalists, during the Renaissance.
The tour will start at the most perfect viewpoint to observe and comprehend the city. You will be able to see, from the top of one of the highest hills, the old neighbourhoods, the astonishing monuments and the stunning bright colours of Lisbon.
You will understand the city evolution and the dimension of its Jewish quarters. Then, visit the second oldest district in Europe and discover the physical signs of Jewish presence. Departure toward the place where once existed “Small Jerusalem”, the biggest Jewish quarter in Europe, that was completely devastated by the earthquake of 1755, but where it’s still possible to recognize its rich History.
Then, visit the place where once existed the smallest Jewish quarter and let yourself be taken by ancient memories. Departure toward Chiado and discover the stories of the most influent Jewish families of the Portuguese Kingdom.
On Rossio Square, we will get you to know everything about Portuguese Inquisition, its way of operating and will tell about the events that justified the setting of a Jewish Memorial, in front of one of the most significant places in the Jewish Portuguese History.
During the tour, we will also tell you about how crypto-Judaism became part of Portuguese Jews identity. At the end of the tour, you will visit the Synagogue Ohel Jacob, where you will be received by one of its members.
- Visit S. Domingos Church
- See Terreiro do Trigo
- Admire the views from Nossa Senhora do Monte Belvedere
- Enjoy Ohel Jacob Synagogue
- Visit the neighbourhoods of Chiado, Baixa and Alfama
- Travel in a luxury vehicle
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- This tour is NOT available on Saturdays
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport
- Comfort pack (fresh water and cleaning wipes)
- Travel in a luxury vehicle
- Tzedakah - 5€ per person (at the Synagogue)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities are not included.
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Dress code is smart casual. Recommended comfortable clothing and shoes
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking