Nazaré - The Biggest Waves Ever Surfed
Enjoy this private full-day tour to Nazaré, from Lisbon to watch the surfers from Forte Sao Miguel Arcanjo. Learn about these elite surfers who come to Navaré for big wave surfing and have lunch in a local restaurant (own expense)
Leave Lisbon and relax in a comfortable coach as you commence to Nazaré. This private tour is provided mainly with the objective of showing Nazaré and its big wave performers, main monuments and attractions. Nevertheless, because this is a private tour, it can be changed to best suit your preferences.
After a quick tour of the village, you will go to the wave watching site where you can fully enjoy the waves for as long as you wish. Included is a visit to Forte Sao Miguel Arcanjo, which is the closest to the waves you can get without having to suit up and swim.
You will then lunch in one of the many seafood restaurants, preferably the one where Garrett McNamara (an American professional big wave surfer and extreme waterman known for breaking the world record for the largest wave ever surfed at Nazaré), always eats and where some of the best fish and seafood in the world can be tasted.
After lunch and depending on the tides, there may be some more time to watch the waves or return to Lisbon by the coastline (approximately a 2-hour drive) where some of the best sea landscapes can be seen.
NOTE: Departure time 9 am. Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time; you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Time 7 pm
- Sitio provides wonderful views over the bay and beach of Nazaré
- Seafront of Nazaré
- See great sea landscapes around the coast
- Visit Nazaré Canyon that causes very high breaking waves
- Stroll around Nazares main square
- Visit the Fort of San Michael Archange
- Be amazed at monster waves
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from your hotel. Contact local service provider to verify your exact pick-up time
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Hotel pickup
- Insurances and taxes
- Driver/English speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned van
- Tips Gratuities
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Remember you suncream