Exuberant Mafra Palace & Majestic Ericeira - With fresh Seafood lunch from Lisbon
On this tour you will visit Mafra Convent and have lunch in Ericeira, a charming fishing village. As this is a full-day private round-trip tour you can customize your tour and add other near places like Cabo da Rosa.
Get in touch with your senses as you absorb the soul of Mafra Convent and Ericeira. The National Palace of Mafra was constructed in 1717 by King John V of Portugal. This Baroque monument which benefited from Brazilian gold, houses one of the largest Baroque libraries in Europe, a royal palace and a monastery with 330 monks.
José Saramago (Nobel Prize for Literature) was inspired by this palace to write one of his best-known novels Baltasar and Blimunda (original title in Portuguese O Memorial do Convento - the memorial of the convent)
Enjoy lunch in a seafood restaurant (included in your tour) in Ericeira, a traditional fishing village and which was declared at the First Surf Nature Reserve in Europe.
The village developed greatly during the 20th century due to increasing demand as a summer resort, however, it has maintained its original features and charming atmosphere.
The beaches here are very crowded during summertime, being considered the best at European level for surfing. Ribeira d'Ilhas, beach deserves a special mention as it holds an annual World Surfing Championship.
NOTE: Free hotel pickup and drop-off is included
Flexibility to customize your itinerary
Pick up 8:30 or other time at your convenience
Mafra (45 Km - 0:40 hour from Lisbon)
- First Surf Nature Reserve in Europe!
- Enjoy a local seafood lunch
- Visit the spectacular National Palace of Mafra
- See the Convent of Mafra
- Enjoy the charming fishing village of Ericeira
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up serviceDrop off at your hotel or another place at your convenience
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Drop off at your hotel or another place at your convenience
- Private driver and English speaking guide
- Tips Gratuities
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Remember your suncream