Evora and Megalithic Circuit Private Full Day Tour
The tour will begin at the city of Évora Historical Centre, a UNESCO Site. Human presence in Évora counts thousands of years, since pre-historic times, as archaeological remains are able to prove. During the Roman occupation, Liberalitas Julia, as it was known, was an important city of the Lusitania province.
The Roman Temple, at the top of the hill, remembers the Empire presence and is the ex-libris of the city. The Cathedral, built in the 13th century, and the Bones Chapel, a curious testimony of Human fragility, will be also visited and we will invite you, during the walking tour, to appreciate the admirable contrast the city preserves in itself between its ancient memories and the agitation of its university life.
After lunch, we will take you to know the Almendres Cromlech, the oldest megalithic monument in the world, built 7 000 years ago, 2 000 years before Stonehenge, in Britain. It is also the biggest megalithic monument in the Iberian Peninsula, with approximately 100 monoliths. Visit the “Anta Grande do Zambujeiro”, a collective funerary monument, built 6 000 years ago.
This Dolmen has a large corridor leading to the big chamber, which is, probably, the highest in the world, with about 6m high. During the tour, you will be able to appreciate the extraordinary landscape of Alentejo, the enchanted region of Portugal!
- Visit to Almendres Cromlech.
- Visit Évora: Historic Centre, Cathedral and Bones Chapel.
- Visit the “Anta Grande do Zambujeiro”, a collective funerary monument, built 6 000 years ago.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- All participants pay the adult price
- This tour is available Tuesday to Sunday
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop-off is included for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour.
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader).
- Tourist luxury vehicle.
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes).
- Pick up and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- Food and drinks.
- Entrance fees (Tickets: Évora Cathedral and Bones Chapel: Adults 4€, Youth 3€, Senior 3€).
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.