Day Trip to Evora (UNESCO World Heritage) with Lunch from Lisbon
Your impressive Évora tour starts with a convenient pickup from your Lisbon accommodation and after a brief introduction to your guide we will leave Lisbon and relax in a comfortable coach as we continue towards Evora.
Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the oldest and most charming cities in Portugal, with over 2000 years of history. It is known as the Museum City as it has flourished as a centre of learning and arts.
We will visit Giraldo Square, the living center of Évora, full of architectural styles from the Moorish arches lined up in the Square, the fountains of the Renaissance, and the Gothic church of São Francisco. The city's main square has seen some potent moments in Portuguese history, including the 1483 execution of Fernando, Duke of Bragança
Enjoy some free time to taste some regional sweet pastries.
We will now continue towards one of the major landmarks of Portugal, the Roman Temple, also known as the Temple of Diana. Its powerful front with 14 columns in well-preserved granite, astonishes those who see it for the first time. For those who are not easily impressed we suggest a visit to the Bones Chapel. For some people, it is a dark place, for others a fascinating place, consisting of hundreds of skulls and skeletons from monks in the sixteenth century. We will now enjoy a typical lunch in a traditional restaurant.
Then we will go to the Cathedral of Evora, a Roman gothic church of the XIII century, where you can climb the tower and have a breathtaking view of the city and the fields surrounding it.
With unique climatic conditions, the vineyards of the region produce some of the best Portuguese wines and we will take you to a farm where you will taste the best Alentejo has to offer.
On our way back to Lisbon we will stop in Arraiolos with its magnificent castle wall. We will also see the ancient tradition of carpet making as Arraiolos is famous for its carpets. This is also a good place if you wish to purchase some souvenirs.
- Watch traditional handmade carpets being made
- See the magnificent Castle Wall at Arrajolos
- Sample Alentejo wine at a winery
- Climb the tower at the Cathedral of Evora
- Enjoy the Temple of Diana
- Visit the gothic church of São Francisco
- Enjoy lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Visit the aqueduct, a testament to Roman-inspired construction
- Be impressed by the Chapel of Bones
- Explore charming Evora which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the elegant arcades and galleries in Evoras main courtyard
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off at your hotel. Contact your service provider to verify your exact pick-up time
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Wine tasting
- Insurances and taxes
- English speaking tour guide
- Gas and tolls
- Air-conditioned van
- Tips Gratuities
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Be aware of your surroundings, unfortunately opportunist pickpockets are a worldwide problem.