Coimbra (World Heritage) & Aveiro (Little Venice) Day Tour from Lisbon with lunch
During your time in Portugal ensure that you don’t miss Coimbra, listed as a World Heritage site and, Aveiro; also known as the ‘Venice of Portugal’, on this private 9-hour trip from Lisbon.
Coimbra, known as the "City of Students", is a World Heritage city located in the centre of Portugal, about 2 hours from Lisbon. The city has an extraordinary history with several important archaeological remains, Fado, (traditional Portuguese singing and music) and other important love stories.
Aveiro (Little Venice) is a charming Portuguese town that makes for an enjoyable, alternative tourist destination. The town has an extensive history which is closely intertwined with the growth and decline of its port and saltwater lagoons. Aveiro is crossed by canals and along these waterways colourful and traditional fishing boats sail.
Take this opportunity to enjoy a marvellous journey in a comfortable minivan with wifi from Lisbon. We have designed this magnificent tour to Coimbra and Aveiro, and it will be a first-class experience where we will ensure that you have an amazing time.
You will enjoy the enchanted and fantastic city of Coimbra, the first capital of Portugal for 200 years during the reigns of the earliest monarchs. This royal heritage permeates the city's steep hills and where you can visit the largest completed Roman site in Portugal.
Aveiro is a thousand years old and has been known as a city for two hundred and fifty years. It was originally founded due to its commercial shipping and salt production. Surrounded by the stunning Silver Coastline, and a lagoon and at the mouth of an estuary; Aveiro has both canals and gondolas making it known as the Venice of Portugal. Take an opportunity to explore the city by going on a boat tour through Ria de Aveiro. This tour will give you the chance to get to know both Coimbra and Aveiro in a different way; it takes about 45 minutes, but you’ll see some of the most beautiful places along the way.
At 7 am, our private guide will pick you up at your hotel and will drive you to Coimbra, where we will arrive at 9:40 am after a stop to relax for a drink or something to eat. We will depart from Coimbra at 12:00 pm and arrive in Aveiro at lunchtime.
Our guide will take you to the city’s main sights like Statues on the bridges, Aveiro Cathedral and Costa Nova beach.
Lunch will be at 1 pm (included in the tour price) in Averio. Enjoy good-value, high-quality dishes and excellent regional cooking, with dishes such as Seafood Cataplana (traditional seafood stew), grilled cuttlefish and all kinds of bacalhau (codfish). Don't forget to satisfy your sweet tooth with desserts like ovos moles (authentic Portuguese sweets).
Visit Aveiro Cathedral, also known as São Domingos Church, located in an old Dominican convent and which should be on your list of places to visit in Aveiro.
Enjoy charming Costa Nova beach, also known as Costa Nova do Prado, located on the west coast, 11 km from Aveiro historic centre. The beach has as its main attraction beautiful houses painted in a unique way, with vertical and horizontal stripes.
At 4:45 pm we will leave to return to Lisbon, arriving around 7:30 pm (depending on traffic and weather).
This enjoyable experience will leave lasting memories and the desire to return to discover more!
- Coimbra, the first capital of Portugal for 200 years during the reigns of the earliest monarchs and a World Heritage Site
- Admire the canals and gondolas in Aveiro (sometimes referred to as the Venice of Portugal
- Explore Averio by taking a boat trip through Ria de Aveiro
- Charming Costa Nova beach and its beautiful houses
- Aveiro Cathedral an important cultural symbol with its imposing Bell Tower
- Discover traditional cuisine with Seafood Cataplana (traditional seafood stew), grilled cuttlefish and all kinds of bacalhau (codfish)
- Indulge your sweet tooth with ovos moles (authentic Portuguese sweets)
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up serviceAt your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Your Private tour guide in an air-conditioned minivan
- Tips Gratuities
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Remember your sunscreen if traveling in summer
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.